4g signal running slow.. Anybody else having issues?

Mondingo

Reaction score
Why does my 4g lte signal seem to be running slower than 3g signal? I hope its just my area and not my phone.. It was running fast the first few Weeks. Now it seems to be getting worse. Hope its just because of the data issues with this phone. I mean its even taking about 30 seconds to load you tube videos. WTF! Anyone else running into the same problems? I ran a speed test a few Weeks ago and kept hitting 17 mbps. Now it won't go above 7 or 8 mbps and
I am in the same area.. Are there stronger 4g signals in different areas? Or is all 4g the same?Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Anybody? Just a little input..please

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why does my 4g lte signal seem to be running slower than 3g signal? I hope its just my area and not my phone.. It was running fast the first few Weeks. Now it seems to be getting worse. Hope its just because of the data issues with this phone. I mean its even taking about 30 seconds to load you tube videos. WTF! Anyone else running into the same problems? I ran a speed test a few Weeks ago and kept hitting 17 mbps. Now it won't go above 7 or 8 mbps and
I am in the same area.. Are there stronger 4g signals in different areas? Or is all 4g the same?Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The only 4G I've played is here in Baton Rouge. I have tried it in all areas of town and the download speeds were dramatically different. The speeds were between 5mbps and 17mbps.

When you are getting the very slow downloads you might try a reboot and then retry the download. As a last ditch effort, I would personally try a Factory Hard Reset. I know they are a pain, but if you have Backup and Auto-restore checked in the Privacy section of Settings, at least all your apps will reinstall after the reset. I've been installing roms frequently and lately my apps are installing at about 100%. Even the free apps are reinstalling.

Good luck.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and reply.. I might just have to do a factory reset just to see.
I hope its just a weak 4g signal. But I was in NY past week and got the same results as in Florida where I live. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

itkevin1234

Reaction score
Doing a factory store, will not take care of the problem all bionic are having the same problem, its a soft problem and moto is making a fix for it, in the next 2 or 3 weeks the update will be out and will fix the 3g and 4g problems people are having, so just sit back and wait.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Doing a factory store, will not take care of the problem all bionic are having the same problem, its a soft problem and moto is making a fix for it, in the next 2 or 3 weeks the update will be out and will fix the 3g and 4g problems people are having, so just sit back and wait.

All Bionics are not having that problem. A few are having that problem. The vast majority are receiving 3G and/or 4g just fine. And it seems their problem is with losing the signal completely not just running slow.