Nice app called Wallswitch

pyro6128

Reaction score
The name is kind of self explanatory. With this app, you can designate a folder(s) that the app will look at for pictures/wallpapers, then specify how often you want it to switch. Then the app just switches your wallpaper everytime the predetermined amount of time elapses. I was bored today so I set it for every 30 minutes. Its really cool to check your phone and frequently see a different wallpaper, keeps things a tad exciting. Initial observations show that having this running in the background does not really adversely effect battery life. I have noticed no change in battery life using it the whole day today at 30 min intervals. It also has a switch now button so you can just open the app and quickly switch your wallpaper. There is also a widget that you can press and it will instantly change your wallpaper. The only downside here is that the widget takes up an entire row of icon space. Anyway, its a cool little app, not large by any means, and should add a little fun to your phone. I highly recommend at least checking it out.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it autocrops the wallpaper. This feature works extremely well and I have not had any problems with it and larger wallpapers. In addition, if the wallpaper is a bit too large, it will put it in a letter box form (black bars on top and bottom) that still has the picture nice and large and proportionate. Here is the QR code

chart

droidman101

Reaction score
The name is kind of self explanatory. With this app, you can designate a folder(s) that the app will look at for pictures/wallpapers, then specify how often you want it to switch. Then the app just switches your wallpaper everytime the predetermined amount of time elapses. I was bored today so I set it for every 30 minutes. Its really cool to check your phone and frequently see a different wallpaper, keeps things a tad exciting. Initial observations show that having this running in the background does not really adversely effect battery life. I have noticed no change in battery life using it the whole day today at 30 min intervals. It also has a switch now button so you can just open the app and quickly switch your wallpaper. There is also a widget that you can press and it will instantly change your wallpaper. The only downside here is that the widget takes up an entire row of icon space. Anyway, its a cool little app, not large by any means, and should add a little fun to your phone. I highly recommend at least checking it out.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it autocrops the wallpaper. This feature works extremely well and I have not had any problems with it and larger wallpapers. In addition, if the wallpaper is a bit too large, it will put it in a letter box form (black bars on top and bottom) that still has the picture nice and large and proportionate. Here is the QR code

chart
does it work on live wallpapers?

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
well live wallpapers isnt one of the folder options you can choose, but I also don't know what would happen if you put the live wallpapers into one of the featured folders (like download). So right now the answer is no, but maybe, but probably still no haha

Last edited:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Been using Wallswitch for a while now. Like it a lot. A few FC, but nothing major.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use it when not using LW...I have a folder with about 500 wallpapers that change every 10mins....great app!

Reaction score
I've been using this for a while now, I have a problem/question though, anyone else getting a problem with a pic showing up thats not in your folder that you chose to use? I'm rooted and am using one folder with about 10ish pics, however every once in a while I'll get a random pic of an android on a skateboard. I can not find this pic anywhere on my phone. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?