Nexus Prime vs HTC Vigor?

ThisGuy

Reaction score
My wife had the fascinate and I have the X. While touchwiz was horrible on that phone, her screen was a much higher quality in my opinion. Her camera at 5MP still took much higher quality shots than my X does when you look at them on a computer. Samsung can't make a very good interface, but the nexus with pure ICS, samsungs camera, and super AMOLED+@720p > Vigor with beats for me.

Sent from my MIUI X

ThisGuy

Reaction score
@whitechapel i loved my OG for the ease of root and roms. I'm sure that a device like this across all carriers will have a substantial backing by the dev community that would rival that of the droids dev community.

Sent from my MIUI X

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's really going to come down to preference. Both of these phones look really great on paper and compare well to each other, at least from the rumors.

Do you want a vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich Android phone that gets cutting edge updates directly from Google? Go with the Nexus.

Or do you want a gingerbread packing HTC Sense phone and wonder when the hell you're going to receive your updates? Go with the Vigor (Rezound).

Both of these phones will be beasts. Both will be packing cutting edge tech and LTE. Both are made by manufacturers who have had questionable build quality in the past. One of these phones will be packing the newest version of Android, the other will not. Has Verizon and their manufacturers figured out the LTE battery life debacle? The Bionic battery life is decent, can Samsung and HTC follow suit? I think there's a lot of questions to be answered about these two phones as well as the Droid Razer, but we won't honestly know anything until we have the devices in our hands. If you're unsure which way to go, wait til each are out 1-2 weeks and then read up on the reviews and make your decision then.

Me personally, will be going the way of the Nexus. I've been dreaming about Verizon getting a Nexus device since I first got my OG Droid. I never imagined it would be the last vanilla android phone on Verizon. Hopefully that will change with the Nexus. I want a cutting edge phone AND the newest OS, and the only way to have both is with the Nexus. Something about buying a new phone with capacitive buttons (i.e. Bionic, Razer, Rezound, most new phones coming out soon) seems like such a waste when we all know they're being phased out by Google in ICS. Just can't bring myself to buy one so that's also why I'll go with the Nexus.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I'm glad someone else asked the question. My contract is up on my original Droid at the beginning of December. My power button just broke, and rather than fix it, I am making due and going to spend my money on a new upgrade. I was about to get a Bionic this week but once I read about the couple new ones coming out, I'm waiting. I've never had anything but Motorola phones, so I don't know how the HTC or Samsung brand reputation is. In reading a few replies, it would seem both phones will be the same, but one will be more basic and update faster. I don't root my phones, but just use them as they come out of the box, and add my favorite apps. Hopefully there is a clear cut better phone coming in the next month or so I'll be happy.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Im leaning more toward HTC. I like the way it looks and love the way HTC phones are built. 4.3" screen is way big enough for pretty much everything. Having a bigger screen like samsungs 4.65" is like having a small tablet in your pocket. Do not like ICS at all. It all comes down to preference.

Its going to be barely bigger than a 4.3 inch screen because the bottom buttons are part of the screen.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its going to be barely bigger than a 4.3 inch screen because the bottom buttons are part of the screen.

But the biggest advantage to that should be that games or videos can take over the bottom strip and utilize the entire 4.65"

pilot25

Reaction score
is a curved 4.65 still a 4.65 phone? How will it affect resolution and watching videos?

The nexus being curved concerns me because putting it in your pocket it's going to feel thick.

That being said I will never buy a Moto product ever again. So I'm hoping Nexus hits it out of the park. If not, its iphone 4s for me.

As you can see from my member number I've been a Droid owner since day one of OG Droid. However, the bugs, delays, and broken promises are grating on me. Nexus needs to really deliver a solid product to keep me from jumping to the bitten fruit.

Roland Stone

Reaction score
I'm still limping along with my OG Droid. I sure would like my next phone to have ICS, Gorilla Glass, an SD card and an unlocked bootloader. Looks like I may have to pass on Prime, Vigor, and Razr. Hopefully the Droid 4 will have all that and a physical keyboard too.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Jaja mayb u should make ur own phone that would be much better and if its still sucks then you can blame urself

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

lilpaul21

Reaction score
Ok um that article sucked!! The thunderbolt it actually one of the reasons I want the vigor...the thunderbolt is way better then the bionic I have now and wish I didn't sell it. That being said the vigor better have good battery life, that is the only thing that sucked on the thunderbolt

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hey if you hate youre bionic so bad i will gladly trade you my tbolt.lol

indymale26

Reaction score
thunderbolt better >>>bionic ???? wowww no way ive owned both phones !!!!

thunderbolt slower, thunderbolt less ram , smaller battery and non dual core, and display screen on thunderbolt is dull not as crisp as bionic or droid 3 , no zumo cast app since not moto phone, i could keep going on but really is pointless , please check the specs on both phones before say one is better , yes u have an opinion to say like one better then other and thats kewl, but rest is bogus,

indymale26

Reaction score
lol

dude thats funny man everyone hates bionic and its bogus too me , people will never be happy always something coming out newer and better

markwebb

Reaction score
will the prime have an unlocked boot loader or don't we know yet?