Nexus One does Android 2.2

dwagner88

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP. Wouldn't that increase in speed translate to the Droid as well? This might just be freakin' amazing. :icon_eek:

Imagine that increase in speed on the Incredible :)

It's already so fast you'd probably not notice much in day to day usage. The one I played with in the store had no lag whatsoever. The Droid already has very little lag, if this speed increase translates to the Droid, then that little bit of lag would likely disappear.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded Linpack from the market to see how fast my Droid goes and I'm getting about 4.213 avg

jbwiden

Reaction score

jbwiden

Reaction score
The original post on Engadget has been updated. It claims that 2.2 runs over 400% faster on the Nexus One than 2.1 did. I am not sure who did the benchmark test but that is an increase in speed I would really love to have.

Android 2.2 Froyo Benchmarking - iandouglas.com

So number 9 on the top list:

Droid?

probably not the moto droid, right? Cause if it was then it would probably mean it was running 2.2

I just realized that it could just be overclocked Droid. By the way how do I edit my old post... I do not want to be spamming the forum.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I'm running stock with an underclocked processor. If people overclock it to the max they should do way better than mine.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
But if 2.2 really speeds me up that fast then I will be going as fast as someone who is rooted to the max..

bamfsig45

Reaction score
So is Flash not going to be a separate deal, you'll have to have 2.2 to have flash?

ASN-121

Reaction score
I just realized that it could just be overclocked Droid. By the way how do I edit my old post... I do not want to be spamming the forum.

That's exactly what it is... look at the notes:
verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0.1/ESD56/20996:user/release-keys
Sholes 2.0.1 ESD56.

Froyo looks quite exciting, however, we can't be guaranteed the same 450+% increase on the Droid, as it is a different system, though I'm sure that we will get some nice results from it.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Man what in the hell was it that scored over 80mflops?!! That's absurd.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Interesting writeup right here:

The HTC Nexus One with Android 2.1 received a score of 6.5 to 7 MFLOPS, still impressive compared to the HTC Hero's lesser score of 2 MFLOPS. The Nexus One with Android 2.2 blows both of them away, though, posting a score of 37.593. That's a 450 percent performance gain over Android 2.1, at least. To put that further in perspective, an Eee PC scores about 66 MFLOPS, at max.

The Linpack results appear to have come thanks to the new just-in-time (JIT) compiler in Froyo (Android 2.2). JIT compilers boost performance of interpreted codes like Java. While this won't help native apps directly, it means that many of your apps will get at least a 2 to 3-fold speed increase. And native apps should indirectly benefit, as faster non-native apps means more CPU freed for native ones.
Link

So it seems real world increases will be seen. dancedroid