Nexus 6 Question & Answer Session Ideas

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's what I really want to know, but I believe it would be good and bad for me. Good because the screen would be that much larger (though less PPI than my Turbo), making the fonts easier to see, pictures far more easily viewed, web pages more naturally displayed and viewed, videos looking more natural... Bad because putting that thing to my face would be like hiding behind a telephone pole for me. My turbo is already approaching (but not), too big to hold against the face, fit into my pockets without looking really strange, and just plain too much to carry around.

I will perhaps have a different opinion once I actually get to hold one but I don't think so as I've held similarly sized phones (phablets), and felt they were way too big. I see people with their Note 3s and they're just gargantuan IMHO, but then I'm not 6'6" and 280lbs.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Google Nexus 6 Review!:
I would like a test of the wireless charging after seeing MKBHD's review.

I have three Nexus chargers I was hoping to continue to use with the Nexus 6.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's what I really want to know, but I believe it would be good and bad for me. Good because the screen would be that much larger (though less PPI than my Turbo), making the fonts easier to see, pictures far more easily viewed, web pages more naturally displayed and viewed, videos looking more natural... Bad because putting that thing to my face would be like hiding behind a telephone pole for me. My turbo is already approaching (but not), too big to hold against the face, fit into my pockets without looking really strange, and just plain too much to carry around.

I will perhaps have a different opinion once I actually get to hold one but I don't think so as I've held similarly sized phones (phablets), and felt they were way too big. I see people with their Note 3s and they're just gargantuan IMHO, but then I'm not 6'6" and 280lbs.

I use my headphones for phone calls. I'm still not buying that holding a device up to your head doesn't have adverse effects. It's also the reason I put it in my back pocket.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I'm 6'2, with long hands. My hands is 5'2 with petite hands. We did a test. I held the note 4 like I was talking on it & we & others agree it didn't look that big. She held it & it looks humorous.

I guess my opinion might be skewed though, because I once had a winmo phablet. Think it was an LG, but I could be wrong. That was 12-13 years ago. My friends called it my purse because I had a folio case for it.

Sent from my Note 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Funny! You'll make enemies quickly with the Nexus fans making comments like that! ;-)

Agree ;)

@Crankintopwater69 last I saw you were in the nexus 6 line with us....what happened?

I was reading this article about nexus 6 vs iphone 6+/ note 4/ droid turbo and I just think they are all designed for different audiences. Not that one is better or worse (sure they each do something better than the other) it is a matter of what you want in a phone. If you want a phablet with the best overall experience, designed to get work done, and is the top performer overall the note 4 is it. You want the best battery life in a phone droid turbo. You want the best camera as well as the largest phone to use ios on go iphone 6+. The nexus crowd tend to prefer fast updates, clean stock android, and an unlockable bootloader, and anything above that (like a top performing device) is gravy.
Though I do think next year we will see Google actually go back to the nexus 5 ideal or at least closer to it. I expect the sweet spot to be 5.1-5.25 and the pricing closer to around 399-499 off contract going forward. Because once the dust settles the nexus 6 will be a decent selling device but it will not blow anyone away. The "lack of availability" is all smoke and mirrors being the issues is more lack of inventory vs demand. I am not putting the device down I am just going with the trend of nexus devices over the years. You always get this big push right before release where it seems like there is not enough to go around and then around Christmas the hype dies and the people who end up keeping it were those who knew what to expect from a nexus device while others complain that it does not do what (insert top phone) does so they end up returning it.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I'm confused. Has Verizon not released this phone yet? If I buy this phone from Google can I just pop my sim card in and it work?

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Google Nexus 6 Review!:
I would like a test of the wireless charging after seeing MKBHD's review.

I have three Nexus chargers I was hoping to continue to use with the Nexus 6.

He was able to get it to work if you watch his update video. Apparently it is very picky about where you place it and there are no magnets to hold it in place either.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm confused. Has Verizon not released this phone yet? If I buy this phone from Google can I just pop my sim card in and it work?
Yep. It should according to people who have done it. But it only works if the sim is taken from an already working phoneon Verizon's network and put into a phone purchased from either Google Play or directly from Motorola. if those criteria are not met it's basically a dice roll

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
He was able to get it to work if you watch his update video. Apparently it is very picky about where you place it and there are no magnets to hold it in place either.

I did watch that last night, thanks. Kinda crappy it won't be anywhere near as secure as the Nexus 5, but at least it is working. I will get one of those 3 coil charging pads with a much bigger induction point.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still haven't been able to get the Nexus 6 directly from the Google Play store. I've been checking every Wednesday. I'm heading to Best Buy after to work to see if they have any in stock.