Are you holding out for the Nexus 6 from Motorola?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many of you folks who were considering a new device are now going to hold out for the Moto Nexus 6?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Quite possible that I will. The turbo is nice, Moto X2 may be a contender as well, but the more I'm thinking about it, the Nexus my actually take first place over the Turbo.

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it because you prefer the phablet style size, or just because it is a Nexus?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The x2 is not for me.. The nexus or the turbo are in my future.. What I'm curious about is the batteries... Why only a 3200mah in a huge screen device?? Is Android L truly that battery efficient? Cause the g3's screen eats battery.. You can bet the nexus screen will too

human156

Reaction score
How many of you folks who were considering a new device are now going to hold out for the Moto Nexus 6?
I am very excited about the Nexus 6. First I have been wanting a larger device since I rely on it for GPS and I would like a larger screen. Second it's Motorola which I think are fantastic underrated devices. Third it's a nexus which i think is a big plus. I hope I can find a proper holder to place this large device in my car where I can view it as I drive. last but not least its key that is being carried by Verizon

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm most likely getting the Nexus. I'll be waiting to see how the battery plays out first though.

on the move..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is it because you prefer the phablet style size, or just because it is a Nexus?
Well it was more about it being the Nexus than its phablet styling. However, now that I know just how big it is (6", too big for a main phone IMHO), the fact it's the same resolution as the Turbo and so lower PPI, the fact that the battery is considerably smaller than the Turbo yet with the larger screen (which one would expect will draw more power per minute of screen time), and I understand it's the same architecture (Processor/GPU), I'm now leaning hard toward the Turbo.

Parth18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X XT-1052
Yeah I like moto nexus 6 too but one thing I didn't like about it is its screen size . Its too big .

Last edited by a moderator:

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Does anyone know how big the differences are between AMOLED and SUPER AMOLED. Should this be a deciding factor? Note 4 is supposed to be Super AMOLED whereas the Nexus is AMOLED. I really wanted to go with the Nexus 6 if it get's as good of a signal as the Note 4. Not concerned about removable battery or additional storage.