Google's Motorola Nexus 6 Was Briefly Available for Pre-order on Google Play but is Now Out of Stock

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus6-preorders-sold-out-fast.png

Well that was fast! The Nexus 6 went up for pre-order on Google Play only briefly today. It's not that the pre-order was rescinded... it's just that it sold out too quickly. Of course, part of that is probably that Google and Motorola needed to limit the number of Nexus 6 devices on pre-order in order to make sure they have enough stock for the final retail launch.

Sound off if you were one of the lucky folks able to snag a pre-order for the phone.

Here's a link to our dedicated Nexus 6 section: Motorola Nexus 6 Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: Google Play Store

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
One of my coworkers was grabbing one and like many.. He went to buy and it said his cart was empty..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I tries at 10:05am and it said presale starts 10/29 and then at 10:30 it said out of stock

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just like with the 360, I think they are building demand. People want more what they can't have, so when they are able, many that might not have bought before will buy one just because they can.

Damn them and their marketing prowess.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They are actually doing it right. Instead of making 10 million devices and only selling 3 or 5 million. They probably made a couple million and are waiting to see what production increases are needed.

Jawrduhn

Reaction score
Luckily, I was able to grab a 64 GB Midnight Blue while I was in class. Had a mini heart attack while I was going through the process.