Nexus 5 battery

yoyom

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just received my nexus 5 yesterday. In my excitement, i have been playing with it non-stop until it ran out of battery and shut down.

I have read somewhere that we should try to charge the battery as soon as you can and should try not to fully discharge the battery to zero.

Have my actions alrdy caused damage to my nexus 5 battery?

Lastly, while charging it for the first time, i accidentally offed the switch and disrupted the charging, will this have any effects on the battery life as well?

I am sorry if these sounds ridiculous, this is my first smartphone and i will rly want to know all about it.

Thanks!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Hi Guys,

I have just received my nexus 5 yesterday. In my excitement, i have been playing with it non-stop until it ran out of battery and shut down.

I have read somewhere that we should try to charge the battery as soon as you can and should try not to fully discharge the battery to zero.

Have my actions already caused damage to my nexus 5 battery?

Lastly, while charging it for the first time, i accidentally offed the switch and disrupted the charging, will this have any effects on the battery life as well?

I am sorry if these sounds ridiculous, this is my first smartphone and i will rly want to know all about it.

Thanks!

1. Have my actions already caused damage to my nexus 5 battery?
Answer: No, you haven't damaged your Nexus 5 battery, but it is a good idea to charge the phone up to 100% after it drains all the way down for the first week or so of owning the device. Some people don't believe in "training your battery" anymore but now with all phones for the most part coming with non-removable baterries, it certainly has and always will be something that I do

2. Accidental unplug while charging - Will this have any effects on the battery life?
Answer: No, this also does nothing to "damage your phone". Just try to charge your phone when its low on battery rather than at say to plug it in at 60% battery just to get back up to 100%. That's the worst way to kill your battery. Especially for the first couple weeks with the phone.

OP
Y

yoyom

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply. When i accidentally unplugged and plugged in again, it was charged to around 50% charged already,close to the 60% you mentioned. Will there be any issues?

Also, i have this weird thing, when i used the original accessories to charge and using the wall socket, it charges extremely slowly and shows charging (USB) instead of ac. Why is this so?