battery

malax001

Reaction score
i know there have been issues with the battery, but should i be worried if my phone was at 5% and in 15 minutes it was at 70% charge level?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i know there have been issues with the battery, but should i be worried if my phone was at 5% and in 15 minutes it was at 70% charge level?

This issue has been discussed frequently. It seems to be a bug and all of us have seen it from time to time. I've only had it happen once.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow that is quick charging time.

The Droid charges very quickly but i've never experienced it going that quickly. Then again, last time i had it to 5% I went away for an hour and it was fully charged when i came back.

Look to see how fast your battery drains, charging time should be quick (through an outlet only, not pc), but i have to say that's pretty darn fast

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, I just noticed it for the first time last night as well. Went from <20% to 100% in like 30 min... guess we'll see how the battery lasts the day after. I think they need some serious work on the power management software or it may be the Hardware (some things I've read seam to the the Droid doesn't 'report' the power state(s) correctly.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow that is quick charging time.

The Droid charges very quickly but i've never experienced it going that quickly. Then again, last time i had it to 5% I went away for an hour and it was fully charged when i came back.

Look to see how fast your battery drains, charging time should be quick (through an outlet only, not pc), but i have to say that's pretty darn fast

It's a false reading. You're not really at 5% like it shows, that's the bug.:)