Next Droid 2 Update

Khiraji

Reaction score
I forgot one major bug that is very intermittent that should be placed as number 9. Its the bug where when you press the screen lock button, the four touch buttons remain lit while the phone remains frozen for either a few seconds or automatic reboot.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

This has been happening to me a lot during the past few days. It's not really a big deal, but still irritating. I guess I'm used to the jumpy unlock screen, and my touchscreen in general seems extremely accurate and responsive.

The only bug from the list that I definitely know I have is Facebook contact photos not updating. 3G sometimes hangs up, but then again I might or might not be out of range of the cell tower.

OP
R
Reaction score
Launcherpro is a homescreen replacement on the android market. Are you using motoblur as your homescreen? Motoblur would be the thing that has the app arrow thing on the bottom center. The call icon on the bottom left and contact icon on the bottom right.

Simba7

Reaction score
Mine's been doing the "3G lockup" thing for a few days now. Sometimes it'll just spontaneously reboot and I'm left going "WTH?"

..and this is on the Droid 2 Global.. I'd expect it to at least NOT crash or freeze up. Hopefully they'll issue an update to fix these problems.

OP
R
Reaction score
Updates are few and far in between. I'm expecting Motorola to release an update sometime before February 7th.

EDIT: By the way, I sent Engadget a tip requesting that they make an article about the Droid X/2 SMS Backup bug. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would really get Motorola's attention if Engadget made an article about it.

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah.....i am looking foward to the D3 and 2.3 on my D2....if that ever happens

OP
R
Reaction score
Yeah.....i am looking foward to the D3 and 2.3 on my D2....if that ever happens

Gingerbread doesn't concern me as much as getting Motorola to fix all the bugs that are currently plaguing this phone. Gingerbread would be nice, but Motorola needs to fix the bugs first.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh...i totally agree...i have gone through 7.....yes 7 D2's so far

OP
R
Reaction score
I've never meddled with ROMs. I can't do it until I get my texts backed up.

miketoasty

Reaction score
I went ahead and flashed to liberty and loving it except for not being able to use facebook in my accounts. Only reason I care is that it updates the contact pictures and some phone numbers. If they can add in functionality through a setting to push and populate contact info from facebook I would be one happy camper. This rom is fast and powerful, love it. Now plz add facebook for contact info/pic population :)

The folder problem seems to be resolved with liberty rom. Haven't had an issue with my 3g glitching yet either.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Make sure you have a good connection when syncing, I have noticed that if I am in a area with a bad connection it wont set it up properly. But it never fails when having a good data speed or on wireless.

Last edited:

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think it will be a long time (if ever) before we get updates for our phones. I don't see a 2.3 in the future. Motorola doesn't make this phone anymore and they are more worried about the bionic,xoom,atrix,dx2,etc.... than our phone.

OP
R
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think it will be a long time (if ever) before we get updates for our phones. I don't see a 2.3 in the future. Motorola doesn't make this phone anymore and they are more worried about the bionic,xoom,atrix,dx2,etc.... than our phone.

Do you know how disastrous that would be if Motorola were to cut off update support after a mere 2 and a half months on the market for the Droid 2? It came out August 12th, the last update was October 28th.

Customer loyalty would be non existent at that point, for me at the very least.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Do you know how disastrous that would be if Motorola were to cut off update support after a mere 2 and a half months on the market for the Droid 2? It came out August 12th, the last update was October 28th.

Customer loyalty would be non existent at that point, for me at the very least.

The Droid 2 will see Gingerbread and I would wager Honeycomb.

FYI, did you know that when 2.2 was first released the first phone to get the OTA was the original Droid. The X didn't get it until a couple months later.

I've seen the original Droid get 3 "major" updates in about 8 months time. I also believe that the original Droid will get Gingerbread. If you don't that's up to you. My experience with Motorola tells me differently. D2 will still get updates.