Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

lloyd2398

Reaction score
3630 Processor

im not to sure, but can you explain the difference between the 2 processors? Im guessing that if they are installed with the 3630, then it must be a better one. But again I dont know much about processors to begin to even guess, LOL i was going off the higher numbers. Whoops.
Isy3EsvPnj1xLCUB.medium
[/quote]

Hold on, who is right then? ifixit is a pretty reputable source, but motorola itself is telling people on their motorola developer site that the droid 2 has a 3620 processor. Look for yourself.

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products[/quote]

Possible misprint by Moto?
Like others all I have ever heard is the X and 2 are the same processor wise.[/QUOTE]

Cloppy

Reaction score
I've never used the radio, so don't know, sorry :)

OK, someone smarter than me needs to check this out before unleashing to the masses. Here's the story.

I already had an update.zip in my sdcard folder (from the previous manual update).

After bumbling around for a bit, I found a file in my cache folder called "Blur_Version.2.2.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip". I said that this can't be the right file. I'm looking for a 2.3.20 file... Copied the file anyway. Bumbled all around the folder structure and couldn't find anything "better".

After installing the update this file has vanished from my cache folder, so perhaps it is actually the correct file??? I don't know. The file is posted at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10937565/Droid/Blur.zip but please use carefully.

I'm not going to post directions for how to manually update, as I'm not sure that this will work and would like someone who actually knows to test it first :)

jason

i just want to confirm that i renamed that file update and put it on the root of my SD card and updated via stock motorola recovery and it booted up fine into 2.3.20 with a baseband of BP_C_01.09_07P and a kernel version of 2.6.32.9-g462500fdbretzm1@il93lnxdroid22 #1

thanks to cloppy for trying first, your so much braver then i am

will doing this erase all files on the droid 2? if so, id rather wait and get it from motorola/vzw

No it wont delete any files. it will only remove root if you have it.

Rizzy99

Reaction score
im not to sure, but can you explain the difference between the 2 processors? Im guessing that if they are installed with the 3630, then it must be a better one. But again I dont know much about processors to begin to even guess, LOL i was going off the higher numbers. Whoops.
Isy3EsvPnj1xLCUB.medium

Hold on, who is right then? ifixit is a pretty reputable source, but motorola itself is telling people on their motorola developer site that the droid 2 has a 3620 processor. Look for yourself.

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products[/quote]

Like others all I have ever heard is the X and 2 are the same processor wise.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic, but that is some terrible solder work...i'd get fired for that...lol.

On topic, still waiting for update. May just do it manually if i don't get it soon.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Got it just now....I like how the wifi does go back and forth fast, how they put the contacts numbers in the contacts list where you can SEE them now.....I DONT like how in your text when someone sends you a picture every time they send another text it pushes the picture back to the bottom again, and how the slide lock unlock has moved up the screen about 1/4 of the way that's stupid

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Isy3EsvPnj1xLCUB.medium

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products

Like others all I have ever heard is the X and 2 are the same processor wise.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic, but that is some terrible solder work...i'd get fired for that...lol.

On topic, still waiting for update. May just do it manually if i don't get it soon.[/QUOTE]
R u guys talkin about the differeneve between the droid 2 and milestone 2 processors? If so, they are different because milestone can record up to 720p HD

Sent from my DROID2

freddyfromutah

Reaction score

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Ok the picture moving down every time I get a new text from a person is really getting on my nerves anyone know how to turn this crap off?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Its now available in Vegas too, just downloaded and tried to update.............Update Failed!

Trying it again now.

Sent from Droid2