Gingerbread OTA question

Feudalplague

Reaction score
ive seen alot of people saying that their getting it and i realize that its being released in waves i know that much. but im curious i have a droid 2 i have kept unrooted because knowing how i go through phones i dont need to kill the warranty. but moot point. my phone has never been rooted and im wondering if i just need to wait for the OTA update to be sent to me or if i have to do that system reboot thing people are talking about

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Have you tried going to Settings, scroll all the way down to About Phone, and touch System Updates at the top of the list?
Do this preferrably when connected to WiFi, as it is a big download.

OP
F

Feudalplague

Reaction score
no im checking periodically and it just says my device is up to date... but ive never done anythign that would warrant me to have to go do a full reset

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no im checking periodically and it just says my device is up to date... but ive never done anythign that would warrant me to have to go do a full reset

You can download the given file, rename it to update.zip, and flash it via stock Recovery (hold 'X', then press the magnifying glass when you receive the 'triangle').

Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

OP
F

Feudalplague

Reaction score
well is this a root? or is it the update download? cause it seems like its a root or does this take me back to stock or something ill throw up all my info for you guys to crunch

system version 2.4.330.A956.verizon.en.US

model is Droid 2 Global

and android version is 2.2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well is this a root? or is it the update download? cause it seems like its a root or does this take me back to stock or something ill throw up all my info for you guys to crunch

system version 2.4.330.A956.verizon.en.US

model is Droid 2 Global

and android version is 2.2

Well, that's exactly why your thread is misleading. In your first post, you stated you had a Droid 2. Now, you're saying you have a Droid 2 Global. They are not the same phone. GB has not been released for the D2G.

OP
F

Feudalplague

Reaction score
Haha sorry most people didnt tell me it was just for droid 2 not global. They should hurry up with global... lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

dodgerblue

Reaction score
You can download the given file, rename it to update.zip, and flash it via stock Recovery (hold 'X', then press the magnifying glass when you receive the 'triangle').

Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

So I am currently on the leaked version of GB and running ZombieStomped. Can I do a nandroid, run this update, re-root, and reinstall my nandroid?

And I've read that I can't re-root using Z4, so I would have to use the D3 method...any issues with that?

Last edited:

dodgerblue

Reaction score
D3 One Click works fine. Just make sure that you have all the stock idiocy, i.e. Blockbuster, Amazon, etc still on the phone before you attempt the update. SBF if necessary.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was going to SBF, but I need to make sure that I would be able to re-root and reinstall my backup...Thanks again for your help!
Just waiting for my phone to charge to 100%