News and Weather App Fail

acydgod

Reaction score
Same here, I just noticed it not updating this morning. Anyone found a workaround?

owlclaw

Reaction score
2 stock Droids in Baltimore having server errors too. This sucks worse than the Orioles! Looking forward to this app coming back online.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just asked a VZW tech friend of mine if there were any known outages with the news/weather widget. His response was we don't support apps, so we don't do alerts for them.

Hopefully the issue works itself out soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to know that I'm not the only one. *Edit* I called Motorola Droid support this morning and they don't know what's going on either.

I just checked Googles Apps Status Dashboard and they say no problems. Oh well, I don't even have it on my Droid. Good luck guys.

Zandar

Reaction score
I usually use the Weather Channel one, but it has been bugging out on me by always sending notifications; whether I want them or not. Here in Colorado, that's really annoying as we have a bit of weather (high wind notice? seriously? I already know I live in Colorado; don't make noise at 3am telling me it'll be windy).

I tried the "stock" one and got the same error as everyone else. Obnoxious.

Potty Time

Reaction score
Please fix it I need to know what the weather is!!!!!!!!:icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

seanm1211

Reaction score
yea I think I am going to go to beautiful widgets or something like that for a little while to see how I like it.

mkraffert

Reaction score
I'm in Denver CO, running BB v 0.2.1 and Chevy's 1.25 kernel and mine's broken too.

Sent from my Froyo Droid using Tapatalk

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
yea I think I am going to go to beautiful widgets or something like that for a little while to see how I like it.

I got Weather and Toggle Widgets with the forecast add on.Was still using the other for more detail though.
I've been thinking of rooting but am redoing my PC right now.also I figured at this point I'd wait for the Froyo final rooted roms. There are a lot of apps I wouldn't mind getting rid of, though-- including this one if it doesn't start working.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Just checked and mine thinks it is still Wednesday. I do a manual refresh and it says loading but nothing changes. Maybe is really is Wednesday. It is smarter than me.

Mulciber

Reaction score
mine stops working then starts again randomly...so i dont know lol