News and Weather App Fail

Nicky

Reaction score
Unrooted in Atlanta, same here. Whew, glad to find this. I'm a newbie and thought I had already broken my new toy!

GeLopez

Reaction score
can you guys make sure this is checked

there are 2 options for gps that need to be checked
settings/location&security/Use wireless networks/agree
settings/privacy/Use my location/agree

recycle the widget

just an idea.. good luck
mmine is workiung in dallas tx

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just had my wife try on her stock Droid. She could bring it up but no temperature.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Weird... I just came into the forums today specifically to search for a thread like this and found it... because a friend of mine who just bought his Moto Droid (totaly stock, not-rooted) a few weeks ago is having this exact issue.

For whatever reason, I'm not having this issue on my (stock, not-rooted) Droid though.

Does anyone know if there are any major (or even minor) mass system updates on any specific Verizon phone? Like a mass update push to a certain model or something that *might* (pure speculation) affect the network stability?

I dunno...

SolidSnake

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that other people are having this problem on stock droids as well. Mine was working fine on P3Droid's froyo leak but stopped working as soon as in installed JRummy's Kangrenade froyo rom. when i did a wipe and restore back the old one and it was still broken I got pretty mad. At least now I dont have to be mad a JRummy anymore...

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
Does anyone know details about how this app works? I wonder what failed "network " the error message is referring to?

Renek

Reaction score
Afraid as soon as I post here it may stop working (love this widget) but I am using Jrummy's Kang in Fort Riley, KS with no issues be it on WiFi or 3g.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
NY here, unrooted, moto Droid 2.1 stock. App came up blank yesterday and hasn't worked since. No settings change since it worked.

ygohome

Reaction score
I just received a new (referb actually) from my Asurion insurance plan for a lost/stolen phone yesterday.

I just tried the news weather and its not working now either. Stock 2.1 not rooted. On my previous droid it was working... but that was two days ago when I lost it.

Soooo, how do we report problems like this to google/verizon? I'm sure they know about it, but is possible that they don't.

Thanks,

ben

Blackrobshawty8

Reaction score
Im in Dallas TX too,it wasn't working but after applying the settings you did,problem solved thanx

Renek

Reaction score
Alright, it's not a Froyo or Google issue. Palmary, the provider of the back end that the widget uses is under a DDoS attack.

Recent News

Note the most recent entry. Looks like those affected will just have to wait it out sadly.

Last edited: