Newest Rumored Specs for the Galaxy Note 3 Suggest 3GB RAM; Supposed Pic As Well

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gnote3-next-to-gnote2.jpg

Samsung is not only adopting a bigger is better mentality with their phablet series of tablets, apparently they also believe that more is better too. According to the latest "rumint," Samsung plans to release the Galaxy Note III with 3GB of RAM. This combined with earlier rumors seem to paint a clearer picture of the future device. Here's a compilation of specs based upon the rumor-mill,
  • 5.99 inch FHD screen
  • Octa-core Samsung Exynos 5410 processor containing a 2.0GHz quad-core A15 CPU and a 1.7GHz quad-core A7 CPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • A microSD slot
  • Android 4.2.2 pre-installed
While this is just a rumor for now, it definitely sounds like an exciting one of it turns out to be true, and that's not all we have. As you can see above, we have a pic of a large and unmarked Samsung device next to a Galaxy Note II. Supposedly, this is a working prototype of the GNote3.

What do you guys think? Are we approaching the "too big" category in both size and hardware specs? Do we really need 3GB of RAM or a 6-inch screen?

Source: PhoneArena

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
GOD!!!! get rid of the BEZEL!!! it's toooooooooo big, remove that bezel and then it'll be just right, make it physically the same size as the note 2 with that huge screen I'd love to get it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, give me a 5" screen with minimal bezel and I'd be very interested.

I'd also like to see a lot more storage (maybe 64gig internal with TWO 64gig SD slots), as I envision my next phone being an alternative to traveling with a laptop - connect a USB monitor and a bluetooth keyboard and I'm good to go.

Devices are getting fairly overpowered as a smartphone these days, but still underpowered as far as being a real alternative to a laptop or tablet

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I wouldnt get anything larger than the Note 2. I agree that you can increase Screen size and minimize Bezel size keeping it on par with Note 2 size maybe smaller. Multiple microSd Slots would be cool. ability to use 2 64GB MicroSDXC Cards or possibly 128GB if they come out would really give it the ability to be a productive media device.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
3 GB of RAM is strange. I'd be really surprised if they used three different 1 gig chips, that's so much space being used up inside the phone, and it'd make more sense to just put in two 2 gig sticks.

I'm gonna call BS on this rumor.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
3 GB of RAM is strange. I'd be really surprised if they used three different 1 gig chips, that's so much space being used up inside the phone, and it'd make more sense to just put in two 2 gig sticks.

Probably. But don't underestimate the tight budgets these phones are designed under. $10 difference between 3 and 4gigs adds up over millions of phones.