Newest HTC Thunderbolt Update Finished; Several Useful Fixes Come With It

geoff5093

Reaction score
People who have a very slow GPS, download GPS Status and go to Menu > Tools and delete / redownload the A-GPS data.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jcase brought those files to us weeks ago. My thunderbolt ran great without it and also runs great with it. Battery life is better, but I think kernel evolution plays a large part in that
I've been running the new version for a couple of weeks now and there's absolutely no difference in battery life.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had das bamf 1.6.1 but i kept locking up. So I went to virus rom for a bit. I do like the look and feel of das bamf 1.6.1.

52brandon

Reaction score
Jcase brought those files to us weeks ago. My thunderbolt ran great without it and also runs great with it. Battery life is better, but I think kernel evolution plays a large part in that
I've been running the new version for a couple of weeks now and there's absolutely no difference in battery life.
like I said, I thought the new kernels played a larger part in that. But I can say with absolute certainty that my phone runs much better than it did 2 weeks ago, wherever the credit goes

52brandon

Reaction score
I had das bamf 1.6.1 but i kept locking up. So I went to virus rom for a bit. I do like the look and feel of das bamf 1.6.1.
sorry to hear that man, it runs amazing for me. Guess they need to work out some kinks for it to be friendly for the majority of devices. You try it with a different kernel?

bluefire7002

Reaction score
People who have a very slow GPS, download GPS Status and go to Menu > Tools and delete / redownload the A-GPS data.

I just tried it... didint seem to make the signal any better, is there any other fix other than this update?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry to hear that man, it runs amazing for me. Guess they need to work out some kinks for it to be friendly for the majority of devices. You try it with a different kernel?

I dont blame the dev cause I think its a good rom. Ill try to play with it some more later and see if i can try another kernel. right now ima play with virus rom for a little. But that is what I missed about an unlocked bootloader, the opportunity to try different roms and kernels. I had a locked down device last year so ima enjoy openness while I have it again. So you can vet I will be trying das bamf again and other roms as well.