Newest Gingerbread Update for Droid Incredible Rolling Out Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-incredible-gb-update-nov-2011.jpg

Gingerbread is finally rolling out for the Droid Incredible. We had a false-start back in September in which the update started to roll-out, but was quickly yanked. Obviously, they must have found a few more bugs to squish. This newest update, version 4.08.605.2, has again been officially announced by Verizon. Perhaps today this one will stick?

Here's some update instructions from VZW: Verizon Droid Incredible Gingerbread Update Instructions

Thanks to trestevenson for the tip!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
About time. Though I've been flashed with CM7 GB for the longest time already. Still a great phone:hail:

chickaholic

Reaction score
I found the update notice on my HTC DROID INCREDIBLE (ADR6300) this morning before noon. I followed the installation instructions CAREFULLY. After I clicked 'Install Now', NOTHING happened - no install, no update and now, no recoverable invite for the update. I've read on various VZW, HTC and Incredible forums today that some installs went well, some received the 4.06.xxx update instead of the 4.08xxx, and some installs (mostly the 4.06xxx ones) came through with it's inherent problems of saying the service was Sprint, not Verizon, the screen was 4.0, the market app icon was missing and a variety of other apps missing (not new news). I suspect the update was again YANKED until the problem with the update is again resolved. One person wrote that he spoke to a VZW tech rep and they said no way to manually push the update or another invitation, just hold on until you get another invite on your phone for the update. OH SO SAD. It's been a long frustrating wait already. As many have pointed out, HTC, VZW, or Google should post a link and let us download it ourselves. Is that too much to ask for? It's open source code after all. Maybe there's a complication I don't understand.
Still waiting. . .

droid-incredible-gb-update-nov-2011.jpg

Gingerbread is finally rolling out for the Droid Incredible. We had a false-start back in September in which the update started to roll-out, but was quickly yanked. Obviously, they must have found a few more bugs to squish. This newest update, version 4.08.605.2, has again been officially announced by Verizon. Perhaps today this one will stick?

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I found the update notice on my HTC DROID INCREDIBLE (ADR6300) this morning before noon. I followed the installation instructions CAREFULLY. After I clicked 'Install Now', NOTHING happened - no install, no update and now, no recoverable invite for the update.

After my fiance first tried to install the update, she got an error message stating that she didn't have enough disk space to do so. She ended up having to move a bunch of her apps to SD, then she was able to install Gingerbread without any issues. The following morning, she woke up and had ANOTHER update prompt on her screen, only this time the file was just over 8 MB. I'm thinking that they may have had some kinks to work out, so they pulled it for a few hours before sending it out again. Were you ultimately able to download and install it?