Droid2 Global Gingerbread Update NOT Rolling Out Says Motorola

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-2-Global1.jpg

Just a couple of days ago Verizon tech support tweeted that the Gingerbread update for the Droid2 Global would be rolling out about now. Unfortunately, according to a more recent report from Motorola, Verizon may have "jumped the gun". Motorola indicated that the Gingerbread update is not rolling out yet, and that VZW tech support had it wrong.

It would be nice if these folks would coordinate with each other better. This seems silly to throw customers on to a "roller-coaster" just to get updates for their phones.

Source: Droid-Life and Motorola

nova77

Reaction score
Yea, I read the soak group would barely be getting it. Never about the ota rolling out to everyone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Man, I am done with motorola. Its bad enough I left Tmobile for Verizon, because of my family but moto has jus ruined it big time for me. Going fromj a G1 to D2 has rly sucked overall. Moto can kiss my buisness goodbye.

anguish

Reaction score
From what I've read, the soak test is still happening, but the general availability isn't ready yet. VZW jumped the gun..

warped1987

Reaction score
WTF, are you serious!?!?!? This is not the type of thing I want to be seeing so early in my day. Wow, they just ruined my day, my week, and however long it's going to take for the OTA now.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Do you really care?

Last two updates for the OD were a complete (very few things are complete.) nightmares.

My current system is running great, fast and snappy and stable.
I'm scared to death of coming GB OTA.

Run away! That rabbit's dynamite!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Bring up the holy hand grenade xD

bikedude880

Reaction score
Time to ramp up my CM4D2G project.
Had GEM running and will post my Alpha builds soon as unsupported, mainly for reference.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

riguy156

Reaction score
called it i so called it this is really annoying upgrade time i will be leaving moto unless the bionic is kickass and unlocked

R

RETG

This might be a good thing for you with Droid 2s. Maybe Moto is looking at the quirks in GB running on the Droid X and actually trying to fix it and make it right the first time.

Pesonally, I would rather wait a few weeks longer if they can get it right the first time.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Still can't expect too much of blur, I mean, look at it. Maybe also patching root exploits? Would suck if they were.

IAm

Reaction score
What sbout the Vz website?

It actually says under DROID 2 Global support on the Verizon website that the update is available. If it wasn't for that than I would have no hope.that's a good sign though, right?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I would hope it means they're getting the kinks worked out, hopefully they've decided to add the unlocked bootloader here?