Newbies and ROOT

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, it was an app called like droid mod or dmmod or something.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Oh...lol I thought you were talking about the first root programs. Not apps.lol peace!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

Reaction score
Oh...lol I thought you were talking about the first root programs. Not apps.lol peace!

Peace!

Yeah it was. It was available on the market at first but was removed. It was basically the first version of rom manager where you could root the phone and find available roms or mods to flash.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was. It was available on the market at first but was removed. It was basically the first version of rom manager where you could root the phone and find available roms or mods to flash.

Yeah lol I do remember the apps being made and then taken down. It made root so much easier. This was a couple years ago right? During which almost all the boot loaders were being shipped locked down. I believe z4root was the best as far as ease of use but it does suck we had to resort to this to access our bootloader. Lol. Peace! Well not to access but to hijack it...lol

Peace!

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Z4Root can't root the new phones its been like a year since an update.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4Root can't root the new phones its been like a year since an update.

Lol ..Trust me brother... this is knowledge I know all too well.. Hell it was my absolute favorite app in its time!! Ryan za was on to something new but I didn't follow it long. Hope he's well...

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Well, its been a year only older models will root with z4root he might have another rooting program but z4root won't work on all droids only older models.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, its been a year only older models will root with z4root he might have another rooting program but z4root won't work on all droids only older models.

That would be correct ..Older models and once gingerbread hit those devices it was no longer useful..but still can be used if you like froyo ...lol

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...