Newbie with two questions. Email and Pandora.

Ricka1

Reaction score
Hello. Just joined and need some help. I have a new Razr M, coming from the Blackberry world. I hope you guys can help me out with a couple of questions. Tried the search but could not find anything (Must admit I didn't go too far in....).

I have two email accounts setup. A Hotmail and another POP3 account. It seems I can't find the way to be able to delete emails from my phone, without deleting from the email servers. I always did this with my Blackberry. Is there a way to do this?

The other problem I am having is with streaming Pandora through Bluetooth in my car. When a track stops, it won't go to the next unless Pandora is in the phone's screen. If the screen turns off or if I have maps or any other app in the screen, Pandora will stop until I bring it back. Very annoying.

Really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!!

Rick.

OP
R

Ricka1

Reaction score
I fixed half of my email issue. I had my pop3 account setup with the imap server. I changed that to the pop server and now I can choose to delete from the server or not (In the incoming server settings).

Now, can I do this with hotmail??

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums! :) I believe you can just ad your hotmail account under accounts but I am not 100% sure as I never did it. I'm someone with a little more info on hooking up with hotmail will chime in!

OP
R

Ricka1

Reaction score
Thanks. I do have my hot mail setup. What I am looking for is to be able to delete emails in the phone without deleting them from the server.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you hit email then settings, do you see an option that says "Expunge from server" Or something to that effect, or "Delete from server when deleted on phone"?

OP
R

Ricka1

Reaction score
If you hit email then settings, do you see an option that says "Expunge from server" Or something to that effect, or "Delete from server when deleted on phone"?

For the hotmail account I don't see anything like that. For thr other pop3 account I do now that I changed from imap to po server settings.

Thanks!

OP
R

Ricka1

Reaction score
Any input on my Pandora question? I found a setting that leaves the screen on all the time, and this allows for continuous play. But I'd still like to be able to move to a different app like maps and continue listening to Pandora.

Thanks!!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Any input on my Pandora question? I found a setting that leaves the screen on all the time, and this allows for continuous play. But I'd still like to be able to move to a different app like maps and continue listening to Pandora.

Thanks!!!!

Is this only when you are playing through BT?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well the BT in my truck does not offer playing of music, just using it for phone calls. However using a BT speaker works just fine when Pandora is not active and I am doing other things on the phone or even when the screen is off.

Course I am not on JB, though I am not sure it is related. What kind of vehicle do you have?

OP
R

Ricka1

Reaction score
Bump on my Pandora problem. Is anyone else having this? Is there a way to fix it?

"The other problem I am having is with streaming Pandora through Bluetooth in my car. When a track stops, it won't go to the next unless Pandora is in the phone's screen. If the screen turns off or if I have maps or any other app in the screen, Pandora will stop until I bring it back. Very annoying."

I found a setting that leaves the screen on when running Pandora, but then if I am using navigation can't listen to Pandora unless I have Pandora in the screen. I would like to be able to listen to Pandora while having navigation on the screen.

Thanks!!!

OP
R

Ricka1

Reaction score
In case anyone else has this problem and finds this thread.

I had to do a factory reset due to other reasons, and this seemed to fix my problem. I can now stream Pandora while navigation is in the display, or when the display is off.