Newbie smartphone questions

Reaction score
I am planning on getting the Droid. Never had a smartphone so I was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions?

I have a verizon e-mail and use outlook on my home computer.

Will I be able to get my contact infor from my outlook into my droid easily? and will my verizon e-mail be able to be sent to the droid and to my outlook at home?

I hope others use this thread too with questions.

Thanks in advance.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am planning on getting the Droid. Never had a smartphone so I was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions?

Will I be able to get my contact infor from my outlook into my droid easily? and will my verizon e-mail be able to be sent to the droid and to my outlook at home?

Thanks in advance.

First :welcome: to the forum. Glad to have you here. We hope you enjoy your time here.

As far as your Verizion e-mail goes. You should be able to set it up just like other smart phones now.

For out look How to Sync Outlook with T-Mobile G1 Android Phone Automatically look at that link. I believe it will be somewhere close to that set up

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes welcome to the forums. Glad to see you here and posting. Don't worry about your questions being newbie ones or not, from my experience, if you have the question at least a couple of others do.

mjs31

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome. The big thing about smartphones and getting email at home is making sure you have your email program like Outlook set to leave messages on the server. There is a setting for this which I can show if needed. In other words...it is telling outlook to go ahead and download the email, but also leave the original message on the server so another app can get it as well i.e. your Droid.

ToddP0530

Reaction score
I believe the easiest way to sync current contacts, etc is to use google sync. It's a free download and functional.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the easiest way to sync current contacts, etc is to use google sync. It's a free download and functional.

Easiest, most likely. There are many forum members though that don't want their contacts in the cloud. Some for other reasons CANNOT have their contacts out their. So this becomes more of a daunting task for them to find an app that will allow for the transfers of mail, contacts, and calendars.

mjs31

Reaction score

Easiest, most likely. There are many forum members though that don't want their contacts in the cloud. Some for other reasons CANNOT have their contacts out their. So this becomes more of a daunting task for them to find an app that will allow for the transfers of mail, contacts, and calendars.

I agree. It will be nice when there is a desktop manager to do all this and more which I am sure there will be...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree. It will be nice when there is a desktop manager to do all this and more which I am sure there will be...

Would be great to have for sure :)

OP
W
Reaction score

I would love that. Would make it easier for us less tech savy :)

mjs31

Reaction score

Hopefully they can show me how to do this at the verizon store.
Hope there aren't too many people behind you in line;)

Yeah...not speaking for all stores by any means, but my little local store would probably have no clue how to do this. I am sure you can find it on Google search or eventually on here. Might make a nice sticky.