Newbie Question!

jh1200a1

Reaction score
I hear some not so good things about the new update so how do I stop my phone from asking if I want to install the new update?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I hear some not so good things about the new update so how do I stop my phone from asking if I want to install the new update?
Unless you have root you can't, that I know of anyway. Verizon will automatically keep notifying you that there is an update available. The only option you have is to continue to "update later". I'm not sure what "not so good" things you've heard about the update, but many people are reporting better (stronger) reception on 3g/4g.

KaChow

Reaction score
There are two apps on your device 1) Motorola Services and 2) Updater> if you are Not Rooted (which if you are unsure what Root is, most likely you are not rooted) go into Settings> then Apps> scroll to the far right to "ALL"> find Motorola Services and open> select "Force Stop" and "Disable" then back out> go to Updater and "Force Stop" and "Disable". You will no longer be bothered by those messages or reminders to Update.

OP
jh1200a1

jh1200a1

Reaction score
Thanks KaChow! I was confused about the update. I was thinking it was a major OS update. Turns out its just to fix bugs and some minor problems like you stated.