Newbie with some questions

pattikate

Reaction score
Hi everyone. As a newbie to the world of Droid, I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

How do I turn off auto syncing to disable apps that constantly update and run in the background (trying to conserve battery life on the Droid X)?

Also, how do I switch from auto sync to manual updating for email, weather widgets or Facebook?

Thanks so much for helping this clueless newbie!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well you can go in to settings then wireless and networks and turn auto sync off there or do it from your handy dandy power control widget. and then when you open up let's say gmail, you would just manually hit the refresh button.

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
well you can go in to settings then wireless and networks and turn auto sync off there or do it from your handy dandy power control widget. and then when you open up let's say gmail, you would just manually hit the refresh button.
Awesome, thanks! So then, the power control widget that is the round one with the clockwise arrows is the refresh button? Does this control push email from syncing?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the clockwise arrows is to trn off auto sync. each app will have some sort of a refresh option inside it. an i dont think it affects push.