Newbie Q: Which Droid has best battery life?

pattikate

Reaction score
Droid newbie here. I'm contemplating which Android device to get. (With Verizon). HTC's Thunderbolt reportedly is a battery hog with its 4G usage. This has me hesitant.

That said, what 3G phones would any of you guys suggest that seems to have better battery life? (Based upon your own personal experience and use).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
In my experience, that goes to the Droid or Droid 2 -- I havent used a Samsung phone though, just the HTC and Moto Verizon phones.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I get decent battery life on my droid x, I can usually get a full day outta it. I also have the extended battery by moto in it, doesn't really add any bulk. My cases still fit.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for the extended battery on any of the Motorola phones.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Any of the Moto phones roxxorz in battery life. The X or d2g are good (if u disable some motoblur stuff)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
I get decent battery life on my droid x, I can usually get a full day outta it. I also have the extended battery by moto in it, doesn't really add any bulk. My cases still fit.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid X might be my choice. Even with the new 4G phones on the horizon (and the HTC TB out now) I'm still leaning towards getting the Droid X, because I'm worried that 4G would burn through batteries faster than a bolt of lightning. :icon_eek:

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
Any of the Moto phones roxxorz in battery life. The X or d2g are good (if u disable some motoblur stuff)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

How would you disable the motoblur stuff (without rooting)?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I don't think he's saying blur burns through battery, just that some of the features of blur that update on intervals have the capacity to burn through battery. With all Android phones battery life is directly correlated to how much polling is done (be it light sensors, radio polling, or in-app updates on short intervals such as fb or Twitter)

Sent from my ADR6400L

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just don't assume that picking a device is all you need to do to address battery life. No matter what device you end up with, it's beneficial to analyze your particular usage and adjust.