Newbie Droid Battery Issues...

billyk

Reaction score
I've got some battery/power related questions...

- When I leave my Droid on charge for 8 hours overnight, I end up with only a 70% charge. Why not 100? I tried rebooting this AM to see if just needed to be reset. Still 70%!

- My Droid continually wakes up when idle. When the droid screen is asleep and charging for instance, the screen continually turns on. Is this b/c of something like a mail sync setting?

While I am a newbie, I did do a few things to help out with power:
- WiFi is off
- BT is off

Any ideas??

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

- When I leave my Droid on charge for 8 hours overnight, I end up with only a 70% charge. Why not 100? I tried rebooting this AM to see if just needed to be reset. Still 70%!

- My Droid continually wakes up when idle. When the droid screen is asleep and charging for instance, the screen continually turns on. Is this b/c of something like a mail sync setting?

- WiFi is off
- BT is off

Any ideas??

What are you using for the charning? PC USB cable or wall plug? Also do you allow the device to stay on while charging? I haven't seen this issue yet but you never know.

And :welcome: to the forum!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

- WiFi is off
- BT is off

Any ideas??

If it happens again tonight take it back and get another one. This is not normal behavior for the Droid.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

- WiFi is off
- BT is off

Any ideas??

You'd want the WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS to be off. GPS is a big battery drainer. An easy way to turn all of these off is to put the phone into Airplane Mode when you head to bed or no longer want to use the phone for the night.

The wall and car chargers are much more efficient at recharging the battery than trying to charge with your computer.

Also, are you sure the micro-USB is attached firmly? You can put it in pretty crookedly and think it's in there when it's really not quite in there. Check to make sure that it's inserted squarely and fully. You should see a light turn on next to the micro-USB when the phone is charging.

If you are trying to charge the phone through the MultiMedia dock, the phone can't have any sort of case on it or it will not fully engage the charger.

Hope one of these ideas helps!

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When I charge mine at night, The screen, wifi, gps all on on and I always have a 100% charge in the morning...

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Well, I spoke too soon on the charging issue. It was on a switched outlet and the switch was turned off for the night. Doh! It's charging normally now. And yes, it's no longer on a switched outlet!!

What about the Droid screen waking up. Is it supposed to wake up by itself while charging?

I will definitely turn off the GPS. Thanks for the heads-up on that one!

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Well, I spoke too soon on the charging issue. It was on a switched outlet and the switch was turned off for the night. Doh! It's charging normally now. And yes, it's no longer on a switched outlet!!

What about the Droid screen waking up. Is it supposed to wake up by itself while charging?

I will definitely turn off the GPS. Thanks for the heads-up on that one!

Well that's good news! Easy to fix!

I haven't seen the phone wake up intermittently while it's charging. Maybe yours doesn't either, since it wasn't really charging to begin with?

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Good points Jessie!

I think I need a few more days with the Droid to know for sure what the issues really are.

GREAT phone, and this is a excellent support forum.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Not sure exactly what you are seeing, but I can say that by design the phone is always on when charging. No way to turn it off.