Newbe, what plan should I get???

sr160009

Reaction score
OK, I am about to buy a droid x with the plan on using it more as a PDA and a backup phone and internet connection. With all of the hacks and apps availible my question is simple for the Droid users. What plans should I get. I am getting the lowest Minute calling plan with the unlimited data. Do I need the $15 tether package to connect my laptop with a rooted droid?

Help me!!!

citanes-26

Reaction score
Your plan should be based on your call and text usage, there are plenty of tethering options without using verizons $15 plan, rooted or not. easytether, pda net are paid apps in the market, both work great and have free trials. There is a workaround for the 3g hotspot app, and a couple free wireless tethers for rooted. Hope this helps

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
+1 for citanes26.. Base it off that.. If you plan on hacking it there is plenty to tether up with. You DON'T want to go over minutes or data or you will be paying out the backside...

OP
S

sr160009

Reaction score
Thanks, not planning on making many calls with it (I have an unlimited work phone for that) just a backup phone for any our of coverage calls and no text.

So If I did the base package $39 with the unlimited data I do not need the tething or wifi package, right? And I will still be able to root and tether without the tether and wifi?

citanes-26

Reaction score
yeah, I've used them alot with no problems. I have the paid easytether and use the hacked hotspot on my ps3