newbe already broke my droid Help

kajuk

Reaction score
I droped my droid and I did not get insurance.

Please excuse my ignorance but When I was with at&t all I had to do was get a new phone change the sim card. But verizon does not have a sim card. I went to the verizon store and they wanted me to pay $600.00 for a new droid.

I looked on ebay and I can buy a refurbished droid for $200.00.
If I buy one of those refurbished phones how do I activate the new phone.

Thank you in advance for any responces :)

Shibbey

Reaction score
To activate it, you will call *228 on the replacement phone and choose option #1. That will program it to your phone line with Verizon. It may take a few minutes to fully swap.

As far as contacts and such, they should restore when you enter your google account info.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I droped my droid and I did not get insurance.

Please excuse my ignorance but When I was with at&t all I had to do was get a new phone change the sim card. But verizon does not have a sim card. I went to the verizon store and they wanted me to pay $600.00 for a new droid.

I looked on ebay and I can buy a refurbished droid for $200.00.
If I buy one of those refurbished phones how do I activate the new phone.

Thank you in advance for any responces :)

Just make sure that the Droid you purchase has a good ESN. If you buy a Droid with a bad ESN Verizon will not activate it for you. Make sure the seller has a good record and has perhaps sold Droids in the past.

xliderider

Reaction score
Also, make sure you use PayPal to make payment. If something goes wrong with the transaction, you have better protection.

And you can get a warranty plan and even insurance on your eBay purchased device through Squaretrade for a very reasonable amount.

Smokie

Reaction score
also, you can activate a phone from verizon off their site Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless. there is an "activate new phone" link once you login. as long as the ESN is good for the phone.. not reported stolen or anything, you can activate any verizon phone you have using their site within a few minutes. Just follow the instructions, at some point you do call *228 to program your new phone. you shouldn't have to goto the store to do it, I didn't.

xliderider

Reaction score
If the only thing broken on your Droid is the screen (glass) then I think I read somewhere that it only costs something like $80 to ship it off and get repaired.

turdbogls

Reaction score
check craigslist as well...there are droids under $200..no waiting, and you can check right then if the ESN is good or not.

OP
K

kajuk

Reaction score
Thank You everyone !!!!
You all have given very good advice.
Again I am very ignorant to all this - so what is ESN

xliderider

Reaction score
Thank You everyone !!!!
You all have given very good advice.
Again I am very ignorant to all this - so what is ESN

Electronic Serial Number, but your Droid most likely has an MEID (Mobile Equipment Identifier) number instead. A unique number burned into the firmware to identify your device. If the device has been reported as lost, stolen, claimed on insurance, or is on a delinquent account, the carrier will lock the device out of the system and it cannot be used.

OP
K

kajuk

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone.

What is the latest droid and do you think it would be to my advantage to get a newer one mine was the first one to come out