NEWB wants to remote desktop. How?

michaelg589

Reaction score
Trying to figure out this whole remote desktop business. I have an Eris. My buddy with a Motorolla has his all setup doing remote desktop with his lap top thats using Ubuntu 9.10 OS. I read in another post that Windows home versions dont support RDP. So what does this mean for me. I'm trying to use my eris and my laptop thats using Windows 7. Should i use the PhoneMyPC app? Is that safe? Do i really need to purchase the app TWICE to use it? Once on my PC and once on my phone? That seems ridiculous. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Droids

Reaction score
There are RDP and VNC apps in the marketplace. The one rdp app that cost $18 is expensive but highly rated, I will likely purchase it as I need a remote desktop app, it will make the Droid complete. Haven't looked at the vnc apps.

If you use a home edition of Windows, no, Remote Desktop is not supported but I'd bet there is a hack for that. Best bet will be VNC which is open source and free.

Venom51

Reaction score
The Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client is very good. Well worth the money if you manage Windows servers and need to be able to work when away from the office.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
I use phonemypc and it's great. There's only one purchase...

brandontownsend

Reaction score
I just downloaded the rdp app from the marketplace and it seems to work great so far, i'm using to access a couple windows server machines....

matrix2004

Reaction score
I'm trying to use RDP on my Droid but have no idea what i need to do. Do i have to open PINHOLES on my router? If so, how? Router is Moto Netopia 3347-02

Richtea

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Advance
I downloaded the NoMachine for Android app from their website (they do also put it on the play store) and then install their free for Windows/Linux software on the host you want to access. Dead easy.

P

promo87

Trying to figure out this whole remote desktop business. I have an Eris. My buddy with a Motorolla has his all setup doing remote desktop with his lap top thats using Ubuntu 9.10 OS. I read in another post that Windows home versions dont support RDP. So what does this mean for me. I'm trying to use my eris and my laptop thats using Windows 7. Should i use the PhoneMyPC app? Is that safe? Do i really need to purchase the app TWICE to use it? Once on my PC and once on my phone? That seems ridiculous. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well, I don't get the complete idea about what you are trying to talk about, what I understand from the posted question is I guess you are trying to asking how to remotely connect the Android device with the help of PC, anyway I would say try installing the AirDroid application, it's the best and secure application I can name off !