Newb question about updates.

mdroid2g

Reaction score
What can be done with just an update or downloaded "fix"?
I read all the time people saying maybe this issue will be fixed with the next update. How can they fix a loose ground loop or whatever is causing the ticking noise in netflix, bad camera pics or things that seem to be hardware issues with a software update.
Like i said, newb question.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
mdroid2g

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Just looking to understand this a little more does anybody have any insight.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The "bad camera pics" are more user error than anything. People need to learn how the AF works... the little box is your focus, you can move it to the desired focal point ... just wait for it to turn green and then snap.. takes some pretty nice photos as demonstrated in the previous thread.

as for the other issues, many of the little annoying bugs we're seeing can and will be addressed with the patch.. just as they were when the OG Droid was released in Nov '09.

OP
mdroid2g

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but i understand that a patch or update will fix certain issues and i know how to take a good photo with it.
My question is a bit deeper i think. HOW can a software update fix whats seems a possible hardware issue. I just dont get the technical ability of it.

malicious_a

Reaction score
The "bad camera pics" are more user error than anything. People need to learn how the AF works... the little box is your focus, you can move it to the desired focal point ... just wait for it to turn green and then snap.. takes some pretty nice photos as demonstrated in the previous thread.

as for the other issues, many of the little annoying bugs we're seeing can and will be addressed with the patch.. just as they were when the OG Droid was released in Nov '09.

I agree. Most everything you interact with is controlled by software. So anything that's buggy can be fixed by Motorola. Im sure that most of the problems that we experience, Motorola already knew about them and plans on releasing an update to fix them..they just had to get the phone out of the door to appease vzw and the geeks :)

All phones have issues when they are first released. its impossible to get rid of every bug during development because there are too many variables to consider in the real world.

TL;DR version: yes they can fix most of the issues with the phone with a software patch as speed has said.

malicious_a

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but i understand that a patch or update will fix certain issues and i know how to take a good photo with it.
My question is a bit deeper i think. HOW can a software update fix whats seems a possible hardware issue. I just dont get the technical ability of it.

If ur referring to noises in the audio, its totally possible to fix it, as long as it isn't a hardware issue. As for the whine in the headphone jack, I heard that ground loop issues were just speculation and not proven yet, but I may be wrong. Anybody care to fill Maureen in?

Edit: really? Maureen? Freaking auto correct.. should have read "fill me in". Think its almost bed time!

OP
mdroid2g

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Will someone please fill Maureen in...hahaha. im very surprised that they didnt include bionic into the voice recognition, it keeps showing byonics, its in auto correct but not voice for some reason.