Newb Here...

ZX-10R

Reaction score
Hey guys Name is Herb...
I joined this and a couple other sites to better my knowledge in Andorid's...

I currently have the LG Dare and Im ready to upgrade to the Droid or Eris.. Im not quite sure what i want yet... I like the Eris as a beginner phone but i read all the talk about it being outdated and others say its slow/laggy, But i like the fact it has Sense and works with outlook mail...
I also like the power the Droid will have but once the Passion is released the Droid will be old too.
But my big question to you Android fans is if these devices are "open" I would think the Eris can just be rooted? (sorry if i dont know the terms yet) And then it will be a darn good phone for $100 or am i wrong?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come on in sit down and relax. There is alot to learn from what i can tell

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hi HERB {the crowd chants} Welcome to the Droids Addicts Convention. Once we figure how bad you have it. We will assign an appropriate method of coping with the DROID Syndrome.

Welcome to the Droid-Side Herb !!!

You are one of many of an amassing army of the Droid ! I am sure you are going to enjoy this forum.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
to answer your questions.. the eris is a fantastic phone. the guy i spoke with atverizon said that both phones are faster than anything else in the (verizon) store, so speed is not an issue. he actually preferred the eris because of the sense UI, but it really just boils down to your preferences... if you are accustomed to a touch screen, you can use that with either device. and i'm sure 2.0 will be available for the eris VERY soon, so don't worry too much about the software.

welcome to the machine (from a former kawasaki guy, had a ZRX1200R)!

Getaphixx

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I have a 2007 ZX10R and a 2005 ZX6R/636... :)

You all are SHORT people...

Being 6'8" tall has it's drawbacks... I can't even fit on a Harley Road King.. Much less a crotch rocket...

Here's to a minimum 45k for a custom bike.. :dry:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heh, that sucks, Being only 6'4 is alittle nicer I guess. But either way welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope we answer any questions you may have about the device.

OP
ZX-10R

ZX-10R

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys...
Im not that short @ 5'11 +/-
My brother rides the busa hes 6'2

Zero cool u have the best of bothe worlds i need to get me a 600 to play with:biggrin: