hi; names brian. got a ? i cant get strait answer for, can any1:/

brianwhoffeld

Reaction score
so im new to my eris, well my g/f got it while ago, was on an acct with some1 the other person failed to pay his end whole contract failed.
well....the ? is now i have a brand new droid eris, yet am on strait talk, and prefer to stay. my eris has a serial, meid dec and hec #, my strait talk does too. cant seem to get a clear answer on how. plz in complete lehmans terms spell it our how. been 4 days looking and one thing after another. one download to this to that. plz plz plz help. need a site and a perfect exact way of how. would totally appreciate it. o ya and a free one. lol
ty

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the esn is bad because of non payment there's nothing you can do.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea as guid said you might want to have the esn # checked out by your service provider. Hopefully its a good esn #

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the contract fails due to non payment, I can tell you right now that's the problem. They won't reactivate a phone with a bad ESN until the bill is paid.

OP
B

brianwhoffeld

Reaction score
cant u wipe esn and have new added or.....?

thought that u may be able to legally or illeagly have the numbers flashed from the current phone esn's that i have over to the eris. my current phone company said they could change it. yet the meid #'s started 270 and the ones they needed started with 268. is there a solution. what good is this phone if not. bill over 2g's$$$$ so not worth that. cant be jail broken, flashed, unlocked or something
again still new to tech of it all. researched alot but dont understand it all.
again maybe a email acct, off this site i may be able to recieve more info. idk ............four20 _ fourluck at yahoo

just keeping hopeful trust me not stepping on anyones toes and very old bill that i got stuck from a friend who burnt me bad for helping him out i get messed. anyway i pay those who deserve and just paid them from my wifes in same situation. hope u alll understand not trying to bail out just dont have choice. idk. just some help would be awesome. ty

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At risk of having the thread closed, there is NO way to get the Eris working on VZW if that is where the bill wasn't paid.

Any modification of esn will not be discussed here.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
B

brianwhoffeld

Reaction score
well......

at risk of sounding ignorant or mean,....i am not trying to set this phone up with vzn netwrk i am trying to set up with strait talk. i can clear the esn yet they still need to have this phone set up with a 268 meid #. now the above links am i in need of flashing, or unlocking, or rooting. i am not sure as to my process here/ again sorry for the trouble of dealing with some1 that just simply doesnt know. but still i need to switch my phone "eris" over to new company. how do i and get new meid number. or is what ur saying is that i cant legally. idk

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
If the bill associated with that esn is not paid then Verizon puts a hold on it. I believe Straight Talk is owned by VZW and therefore the esn is locked and without paying the bill you will not get it unlocked. There is no way around it. You would be better off going and getting another phone if you cannot pay the prior bill.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think one of the only ways to use up a phone with a bad ESN is to go to like Cricket. They have been known to activate Droids with bad ESN and the plans they offer might be more in line with straight talk. To touch on the rest.. if the ESN is bad then yeah nothing you can do with Verizon directly other then pay the bill and I agree with above that straight talk is probably thorugh Verizon somehow..