new here and just got a moto droid need help with mp3's and other.

moonman079

Reaction score
i just got a motorola droid today as a replacement. so far i like it pretty well. i had a HTC eris but they kept having to switch me out because of problems. so i decided to just go with this one instead. with my eris i could just drag mp3's from my itunes and use them as ringtones. but i can not get them to work with the moto. i can not even get them to go to my phone. when i try to drag them to my phone or to a folder they do not show up.
plus the few things that are in my folder already disappear. i also cannot eject my phone from my comp. every time i try it says it is in use and to end all programs. but i close everything out and it still will not let me. my comp is a macbook pro. i am not sure if they are not compatible or what is going on but it is annoying.
i tried searching on here but honestly most of the stuff people say is over my head. i barely know how to add contacts with this phone. besides my brief stint with the eris i am completely new to phones like this and having to do updates and such. also i keep seeing people talk about the new software. how can i tell what version i have? and what do i have to do to download the newer one if i need it?

cappa86

Reaction score
i would recommended downloading double twist use it to sync your music to your droid its like itunes for the droid

OP
M

moonman079

Reaction score
i will check that out. where do i find it? i am still trying to figure out my way around where to download things from.

OP
M

moonman079

Reaction score
thanks for the info that worked great. maybe i will figure this phone out one day lol.