New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond212000
Anyone order on the 10th and heard anything?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I ordered the 9th and got the phone this morning.

Where are you? (I'm in Atlanta) I ordered mine on the 9th and haven't received shipping info, but from what I'm reading that's not uncommon. I'm a 9-5 mon thru fri kind of guy in an apartment. Will FedEx leave me some type of indication if they tried to deliver it and I wasn't there? Looks like I may be... cough cough... sick tomorrow.

If FedEx misses you, they leave a little tag on the door.

For those who called CS and got a tracking number, was one posted online? Or was it only when you called that you received one? Last time I called I got the general, "It will ship by the 25th" I could kick VZ in the nuts...

I talked to a different CSR and she told me that she thought that my X would not ship atleast until next Monday. She also stated that she didn't see a email address on the order. Its like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

I talked to a different CSR and she told me that she thought that my X would not ship atleast until next Monday. She also stated that she didn't see a email address on the order. Its like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

It seems the only way to find out is by calling over and over until you find a CSR who will look into it a bit more, maybe I'll do that and see if I can't get a free HDMI cable :icon_cussing:

I think that none of the CSR's have any real information. Some of them are honest and tell you that while others try to feed you a line to get you off the phone. On a side note, if you can complain enough and get free stuff, go for it. dancedroid

Just talked to CS. The lady seemed to be actually looking up the order (rather than giving me the standard "you'll have it by the 25th" line). Then, she gave me the standard "you'll have it by the 25th" line. She did say that they're catching up and that people have been receiving them earlier than that, so there's still hope.

Just talked to CS. The lady seemed to be actually looking up the order (rather than giving me the standard "you'll have it by the 25th" line). Then, she gave me the standard "you'll have it by the 25th" line. She did say that they're catching up and that people have been receiving them earlier than that, so there's still hope.

Haha, I also just got off the phone with CS. They did the same thing, seemed to be looking up my personal shipping information only to give me the "by the 25th" line. She didn't even give me the common courtesy of saying people are receiving it earlier. I'm still curious to hear if anyone has called CS and received shipping info without it being posted on VZW.com first...

Just made my daily phone call. Still nothing. I ordered on the 7th. I told them that people who have ordered after I did are recieving notifications and was told "it wasn't possible." They are so clueless. They guy did say it should only be 2-3 more days since they are catching up. I'm in Florida.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with customer service! I got a tracking number! Apparently my phone shipped Sunday! It is scheduled to be here tomorrow before 7!! My accessories shipped yesterday. Also scheduled for august 18th! I didn't get an email for either one of them!

I ordered in store on Saturday the 7th. I'm in Georgia and my phone is sitting in Memphis right now! I'm so excited!!!

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with customer service! I got a tracking number! Apparently my phone shipped Sunday! It is scheduled to be here tomorrow before 7!! My accessories shipped yesterday. Also scheduled for august 18th! I didn't get an email for either one of them!

I ordered in store on Saturday the 7th. I'm in Georgia and my phone is sitting in Memphis right now! I'm so excited!!!

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Christy, I'll trade you three high fives for your droid... The fact that you had a tracking number from CS and no e-mail and they didn't give me one today makes me believe maybe mine hasn't shipped. Any other Georgian's who ordered around 7-9th and have gotten shipping info or received theirs yet?

I'm in Greenville SC and I ordered in store on 8-9, paid cash for half and put the other half on my bill. I've called countless times and all I ever get is that it should ship by the 25th. Got the same line of crap just a few minutes ago. I don't believe for a minute that this phone is harder to come by than an I-Phone4. I have a co-worker that ordered her new i-phone and had it within 8 days. I think the whole availability issue is manufactured by Verizon for publicity. There are too many people that have received them in 7 or 8 days, just look around the internet at other forums. That's just my opinion though. If it really is that hard to get, then it shouldn't have been offered for sale until an adequate inventory was built to satisfy the demand. This is a really crappy way of doing business imho.

ch

I'm in Greenville SC and I ordered in store on 8-9, paid cash for half and put the other half on my bill. I've called countless times and all I ever get is that it should ship by the 25th. Got the same line of crap just a few minutes ago. I don't believe for a minute that this phone is harder to come by than an I-Phone4. I have a co-worker that ordered her new i-phone and had it within 8 days. I think the whole availability issue is manufactured by Verizon for publicity. There are too many people that have received them in 7 or 8 days, just look around the internet at other forums. That's just my opinion though. If it really is that hard to get, then it shouldn't have been offered for sale until an adequate inventory was built to satisfy the demand. This is a really crappy way of doing business imho.

ch

The only publicity I ever see about availability is from this forum. If you think that Verizon is deliberately sabotaging customers just to make this forum whine you are a tad delusional.

Also, demand was 866% higher than anyone could have anticipated. It turns out everyone chose this summer to get in the smartphone game.

From what I understand (my uncle works for Verizon as an engineer) both VZW and Moto were unprepared for the demand for this phone. You think they would have learned their lesson after the Incredible debacle, but alas, this is not the case. I remember reading a quote from a VZW vice president before the DX launch saying that they were confident they had enough stock to meet the demand, etc. Fail. Apparently they thought that the Droid 2 would draw a lot of people away from the X, but most people are ignoring the D2 in favor the X. When this is coupled with a few defective batches of DX's from Motorola, you have the situation we are in now.

nothing to do with this forum, myself and 2 other friends have been told by store reps that the droid x is "harder to get than an i-phone" because it is more popular. That was their justification for people having to wait 2 weeks to get one. I'm not an Apple fan, but I don't buy that for a minute. Having paid already, we should at least expect to receive consistent and somewhat accurate answers from customer service.

ch

Back