New virus

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I just received what seems to be an Android virus, I received an email with no recipient with an attachment and said to be important info from some doctor, I didn't think it would be dangerous since there are no Android Viruses. But when I clicked show attachment it said downlOading, phone automatically unmounted the sd card, foreclosed all apps then froze, I restarted my phone and everything keeps foreclosing now. I have an HTC thunderbolt runNing Eaton ROM. BEEN running this ROM for a while without problems until I received this email.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well that sucks...

Sorry you had to learn the hard way

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
That might fix the problem but I'm so lazy having to restore everything again

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

lol, i think if your phones freaking out thats your option. You could try uninstalling a couple apps that might also e causing an issue.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

lol, i think if your phones freaking out thats your option. You could try uninstalling a couple apps that might also e causing an issue.

Not sure what other options there are if the phone just forecloses everything short of toss it, buy a new one and start over... but then you have to restore everything on a new phone....

Can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what other options there are if the phone just forecloses everything short of toss it, buy a new one and start over... but then you have to restore everything on a new phone....

Can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.
I can see relate to his lazyness but im so use to changing roms on my D1 that im use to starting over. Naturally my rooted apps like titanium backup and app extractor help me but in all honesty starting with a clean slate is actually pretty fun sometimes. You forget the several apps you keep on your phone for a just in case moment that you really dont need anyway. The big thing id suggest is to get the sms gmail backup that restores your backed up messages from one reset to another.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I just reinstalled my ROM and started fresh, problem is gone virus deleted.