New user took over wife's Droid

bagman35

Reaction score
My wife switched to the iPhone (more compatible with her MacBook) and I had her Droid changed to my number and discarded my flip phone. My problem is that her account is the original owner. The up side is that all the contacts, aps, etc stayed installed. The down side is that I can't get rid of her e-mail accounts, and when I try for new aps, I'm told that there is no Droid phone associated with this account. How do I go about getting my account designated as the primary account holder and deleting her's completely?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Welcome to DF.

Go to Settings / Accounts & Sync / Add account.

You need to add a Google account you have like a gmail or something. After you added yours, you can remove hers. Another way to do a factory reset and then set up the phone from scratch with your google account. That way you will lose everything on the phone.

OP
B

bagman35

Reaction score
OK, I already had my account added, and when I try to remove her account it says I have to do the factory default, which will "delete all your personal data". I can live with losing the contacts, since I have them backed up in Gmail, but what all goes? Do I lose ALL the aps, such as camera, calculator, google, etc, just the ones that were bought, or none at all?