New user/ old droid.

gldstr

Reaction score
I was given a droid (verizon) by a friend with loaded apps. It has been activated with my verizon account. The problem I'm having is that I cannot access the market apps because it still shows her gmail account as the username. I asked her for her password, however she changed her account when she activated here new Thunderbolt and now the password no longer works with the old username. How can I change this market account into my gmail account username without having to do a total reset. I love all the apps that I have at this point and dont want to lose them. Also, anyway to just delet her account without a reset. Any assistance would be appreciated.

gldstr

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was given a droid (verizon) by a friend with loaded apps. It has been activated with my verizon account. The problem I'm having is that I cannot access the market apps because it still shows her gmail account as the username. I asked her for her password, however she changed her account when she activated here new Thunderbolt and now the password no longer works with the old username. How can I change this market account into my gmail account username without having to do a total reset. I love all the apps that I have at this point and dont want to lose them. Also, anyway to just delet her account without a reset. Any assistance would be appreciated.

gldstr

There is no way you can use the apps. She paid for them and she can use them on her new android phone. If you want full use of the phone you'll set up your own gmail account and yes, in order to remove her a Factory Data Reset is necessary.