Gmail password recovery

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
My wife has forgotten her password for her "stock" Droid gmail account that the Verizon store set up back in December. Now I thought I could go to Gmail on my pc and easily get her password reset....... oh no.... It seems there must be a secondary email account for this password reset to be accomplished. She never did this nor have I for that matter. I have had to re-sign onto gmail a bunch of times when changing ROMs so I remember my password.

So after my long winded story. How in the world does she recover or reset her password? This all came about by her wanting to view gmail emails on the pc.

Last edited:

mbrawley

Reaction score
having same problem

As of this minute we are on the phone waiting for verizon tech support. we are having the exact same problem with our droid and are getting no help whatsoever from google or verizon if anyone has the solution to this problem we would also love to know

Travis798

Reaction score
Okay I have a secondary email associated with my account, but I just tried the google password reset and this is what it told me.

To initiate the password reset process, please follow the instructions sent to your ******@hotmail.com email address. If you don't have an alternate email address, or if you no longer have access to that account, please try to reset your password again after 24 hours. At that point, you'll be able to reset your password by answering the security question you provided when you created your account.

I take that to mean that you can reset the password via security question if you don't have an alternate email address?

OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Okay I have a secondary email associated with my account, but I just tried the google password reset and this is what it told me.

To initiate the password reset process, please follow the instructions sent to your ******@hotmail.com email address. If you don't have an alternate email address, or if you no longer have access to that account, please try to reset your password again after 24 hours. At that point, you'll be able to reset your password by answering the security question you provided when you created your account.

I take that to mean that you can reset the password via security question if you don't have an alternate email address?

I read that on one of the gmail "help" screens. The problem there was no security question/answer set up at the Verizon store that I can recall. Dumb......:icon_evil:

Travis798

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot reading here about Verizon reps setting up the accounts for people. I've had gmail for about as long as it's been out, and sometimes forget that others haven't.