New user here---Ringtone/phone/email question

Kathy0306

Reaction score
Hi, I got the Droid and now I'm not too sure if it's for me. Is there anyway you can have different ring tones for your phone and for the emails. If there is I just can't find it. I don't even care if I have a sound for my emails, I check them all the time anyway.

I didn't realize how many emails I get at night. I'm call this week and I can't tell the different between an email or phone call and it's keeping me up at night. One call for work and 20 emails.

I love everything else about the phone.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Kathy0306

Msred513

Reaction score
For email, go into your Gmail app, then Menu, Settings. Select Ringtone should get you where you need to be to alter what you hear.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
menu/settings/sound & display/phone ringtone to set your ringtone. Open your email program and press menu and you will find all the settings there.

OP
K

Kathy0306

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I tried that and it still doesn't work. This call for a trip to the Verizon store.

ka

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah you should be able to change any sound from that app.. meaning you can change your sms notification sound in the sms app (but not in the phone ring tone settings or gmail settings)

OP
K

Kathy0306

Reaction score
It finally works. I had to changed my phone ring tone, change my email ring tone, changed my phone ring tone back to what I wanted and everything is fine now. Weird!

I'm loving my Droid now!

Thanks for the help.

Kathy