New Driod user

dentdave

Reaction score
Hi all
I just got my new Motorola Droid last night and went searching for info and found this site , very cool place.
I have a few questions like all new users do. simple ones.
Whats the best app for live animated weather radar and do I need a app killer. Told you they where easy questions, I most likely will not need all the features of this cool phone , mostly for calls, tex , and email .
Thanks guys .
David

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The general idea is you don't need a task killer. I don't use one and never notice a slowdown or lag or anything.

The weather channel app is about the best, and has a widget.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I would avoid using any task killer, and I strongly recommend that you do not use Advanced Task Killer.

Try Radar Now for weather.

And get Squeebl. A must have. :)

OP
D

dentdave

Reaction score
Ok I got the radar now and weather channel, Pandora. all seems to be fine. Next question , how do I get more battery life out of this phone. I'm also looking at some cases and a belt clip from this site, whats a good dock / car holder that has a charger built in .
Thanks again
Dave

Zandog

Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I would avoid using any task killer, and I strongly recommend that you do not use Advanced Task Killer.

Try Radar Now for weather.

And get Squeebl. A must have. :)

Why do you not recommend using an app killer? I downloaded it and am using it. I'm new to Droid too. Do I not know something?

meannathan

Reaction score
I don't use any alp killer my self and I use a lot of different apps. To save battery make sure you keep wifi and gps off when your not using them along with bluetooth. I would recommend using the power widget that way it is all one touch to turn those on and off also keep your brightness turned down I charge my phone usually once a day sometimes more.