New Driod user! A few questions

loganvilledroid

Reaction score
I got my new droid last night and I am a little apprehensive.... I have been a Blackberry user for about 3 years. I am having some difficulty with the emails and phone/ring settings.

I have heard that you cannot set the phone to "ring only"... is this true? It is only ring or vibrate or off (silent).... is there an app or shortcut I can use to make the phone "phone ring only" - and not sound the notifications sounds? (like at night)

Also, when sending an e-mail.. it is going to the "outbox" then I have to go there and send... is there a way to set it to automatically send the email? Or will it send from the outbox by itself?

I am sure I will have more questions! Thanks!!

cakzoh

Reaction score
I've had the Droid for a month now and the biggest problem I'm having is the phone gets very warm almost hot with or without charging it seems. The next problem is I set up Gmail as in the book first, then I setup Yahoo and now Gmail doesn't work anymore. I say load messages and it doesn't. Can I start over with Gmail? Where can I find out how to do it? Thanks.

OP
L

loganvilledroid

Reaction score
Email Issues

OK - another issue...... I have 3 mail boxes set up - 2 comcast & the 1 Gmail, and I view them in the combined inbox setting. When I go to an individual email "account" somtimes the old message are GONE... where did they go? Is there an archive somewhere that I can turn off? I need to be able to view these emails later on....

Plus - do I HAVE to have the Gmail account?

I am getting aggrivated with this thing!

Jackattack

Reaction score
Do some research on the forums regarding email, it is a hot issue..

Recently I have seen a few threads about additional issue with email on the droid. Without creating another thread I would search a bit first. If you do not find your answers hit us up again.

I currently have no problems receiving emails from my roadrunner account and my work account server. I use the standard email set-up stock on the droid.

Many will dis-agree with me but I have had no problems. "Knock on wood"

OP
L

loganvilledroid

Reaction score
Thanks.... the email thing is not really a big deal... more of an inconvienence..... I will root around and see if I can find some answers...

But - what about this.... I have heard that you cannot set the phone to "ring only"... is this true? It is only ring or vibrate or off (silent).... is there an app or shortcut I can use to make the phone "phone ring only" - and not sound the notifications sounds? (like at night)

Jackattack

Reaction score
Have you gone to Settings--Sound & display settings--Notification ringtone-- and pick SILENT.... ????

This should turn off all notification tone alerts, you should still get the notifications though just no tone.

Uncheck SD card notifications as well will turn off the sound played when that notifies as well...

As for the ringer if you want it to just tone pick just tone... If you want vibrate and tone pick that under settings as well....

Does this answer your question ?