New To This Forum, have Samsung Droid Charge (SCH-I510)

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Hello all!

Long time Droid user, first time in this forum. Looks like I can spend days on this site. I've always just read posts with a problem and never signed up and posted but I have the Samsung Droid Charge (SCH-I510 - build number FP8) on the Verizon Wireless 4GLTE network. The FP8 build was a very recent OTA update, and I was VERY surprised it happened. I'm not sure what it really did besides maybe making the battery life better, but it's a phone I've had for over 15 months, at least. I started off with the HTC Thunderbolt (had to get 4 replacements before Verizon decided to give me a chance with the Charge). I had to get 2 replacements for the Charge and the final one worked perfectly finally. I've had Verizon for over 12 years as my cell phone provider. They're always good to me regarding any problems.

I wanted to know if anyone had any idea what PVWmdrmPROXY (in the apps) actually does? I haven't been able to find an answer so I guess I'll just ask the question off the bat in my welcome post.

Thank you for any help!

Vik

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum... I'm not familiar but wanted to extend a welcome to our spot.. If you don't have someone pop in for help.. Head over to the phone's section and post the question.. Welcome.

Edit : I see you found someone with same issue on other thread.. Good luck.

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

OP
rhodyvik

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I'm not familiar but wanted to extend a welcome to our spot.. If you don't have someone pop in for help.. Head over to the phone's section and post the question.. Welcome.

Edit : I see you found someone with same issue on other thread.. Good luck.

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

Thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated. And yeah I posted in the other thread but no bites yet. It can't be that big of a secret. As far as paranoia goes -- could it be a program to wiretap? I'm in a stressful yet competitive job. I'm hoping that's not the case.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard Vik! You might also check out our sister site - Samsung Droid Charge Forum - it is dedicated completely to the Charge and might offer some insight on that app :)...good luck!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)