New To The Droid X & LOST!!!!

tatts0830

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a droid x last friday & I LOVE the phone but I am sooooo lost on a few things! I can't figure out how to use my music as a notification ringtone for email, txt, twitter or facebook accounts but I was able to do it for my contacts. Also I was trying to send a web link to a contacts email or in a txt but can't figure that out either or if it can be done at all. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Thanks

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. We have a section dedicated to the Droid X that I think would help you out. To get there click on the Forum tab at the top of this page then scroll down until you see Droid X. I am sorry that I cannot help you further as I do not have a X and I would hate to lead you wrong.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! The X is a GREAT device!! Other than setting a notification tone in each application individually, I'm not 100% unless there's an app that does it.
To share a link, just press and hold it. An option should come up to copy or share the url.

DroidForums junkie!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F - RingDroid in the Market is great for making ring and notification tones out of your MP3 files :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've seen Ringdroid cause problems on the X...unless its been fixed?

Welcome to D/F - RingDroid in the Market is great for making ring and notification tones out of your MP3 files :)

DroidForums junkie!

OP
T

tatts0830

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on how to send a link of a web page, now all I need to figure out is how to have a custom ringtone for my txt, email accounts, twitter and facebook cuz then I just might be able to part with my blackberry! Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wmedina1991

Reaction score
Try checking out droidxforums.com

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Congrats on the X...in addition to the sub-forum here, also check out our sister site at www.droidxforums.com - we are dedicated to the just the X.

To set notifications for specific apps such as Twitter, Facebook, etc - you may need to look in the market for apps that have notification settings - for example - Facebook for Android allows you to set a ringtone notification for the notifications that it will notify you one. Touiteur (TweetApp) allows ringtone style notifications...etc...

RingDroid works well on my X - altho, I only have used it a handful of times to create ringtones.

To send a browser link, you generally have to open the browser on your phone, once the page is loaded, long click on the address bar, from the popup box select copy URL and then navigate back to your text / email and long press in the text area and select paste...

Good luck!!