New to the Droid 1 Root family...

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
I recently rooted my D1 and have been trying to install a new rom, several different ones..some how I don't think im doing it right!

So I Guess my main Question/s is,

1. After rooting whats the first thing to do?
2. download?
3. How do you install a new rom? What apps are needed?

I know there are 100000000's of posts out there, but I'm getting frustrated reading them and not understanding. So many a quick couple of points, or a point in the right direction, or something!!

Thanks in advance!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
First question is how did you root? If you rooted via link 2 in my sig then you shouldn't have any problems. If you rooted any other way please tell me how so I can point you in the right direction. :)

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded the gingerbread rom (part Deux) and i have it on my sd card, I get that part....make a nandroid backup??? I have rom manager if that helps...I did a backup with that a tried to do a install from sd card from that program, but when I reboot after the install it reboots back to my factory droid and doesn't seem like it installed anything.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have rom manager if that helps...I

It tells me what your problem is, but it doesn't help you at all.

ROMs are installed in the standard update.zip method. You did it to root. So why did you screw things up by throwing ROM Mangler on there when you already knew how to do it?

In ROM Manager go to the bottom, flash alternate recovery, then flash clockwork at the top. Do this three times. Now you can use ROM Manager.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or stay with SPRecovery ;)

ROMs are installed in the standard update.zip method. You did it to root. So why did you screw things up by throwing ROM Mangler on there when you already knew how to do it?

In ROM Manager go to the bottom, flash alternate recovery, then flash clockwork at the top. Do this three times. Now you can use ROM Manager.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!

How do I get back to that, cause now it boots up to ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1 and not SPRecovery?

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!

And also can I make a Nandroid backup with that also, Im not sure what that is.

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
Ok im back to SPRecovery, and did a nandroid backup....as soon as thats done ill try and install gingerbread! To Be Continued.......