New to rooting

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
So I've rooted and have ADW Launcher and love it...is there any reason to flash a rom at this point? What would it benefit that would convince me otherwise? I used to have a rooted laps froyoed droid eris...so the x is new to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xliderider

Reaction score
You can certainly leave it where it is at now, especially if you like it the way it is.

Personally, I can't stand the stock notification bar, so I always use a themed rom whether it be stock or custom.

doomer4life

Reaction score
It's quite up to you I think a lot of people go with roms for more customization and better performance imo but if you are happy with your dx keep it as is or make a backup of it now and give some roms a try you can always revert back if unhappy

bkendrick

Reaction score
My reason would be battery life. I was happy with my stock DX but I hated the fact I could barely get 6 hours of battery life. Since flashing liberty I can now go a full day on one charge. Just my 2 cents!

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Switching to liberty gave me WORSE batt life but there tweaks you can do to fix that. But Liberty is one of the best ROMs out there though I ran 1.5 for over a month i think with orangeslice theme(one of the best themes out there and the only reason i was hesistant to switch to RubiX 2.0). Plus you dont need your phone to be rooted to use adw launcher or LauncherPro. Rooting your phone gives you no extra performance or visible or noticeable things. It just allows you to mess with the system files or what not and install and use apps that require rooting. You proly already know that but just sayin'. Sorry for going off on a tangent.

doomer4life

Reaction score
I also was having worse battery life with Liberty but I have better performance with my phone rooted than non by not having blur I was having all sorts of lag b4 I rooted mine

bkendrick

Reaction score
Have to disagree with you guys on battery life and liberty. I just did Mardi Gras in downtown New Orleans. Caught Baccus bash, took a ton of pics, texted, checked FB, etc. Regular battery(not extended). Over eight hours and still at 60%.
aefd60d5-6c28-03a8.jpg

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

bkendrick

Reaction score
...that just couldn't be done with stock.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

doomer4life

Reaction score
I am not saying that Liberty on the whole gives worse battery life I am saying for my phone I would not beable to get that amount of battery generally with liberty 8 hours of moderate usage would put my battery at less than 15%.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Have to disagree with you guys on battery life and liberty. I just did Mardi Gras in downtown New Orleans. Caught Baccus bash, took a ton of pics, texted, checked FB, etc. Regular battery(not extended). Over eight hours and still at 60%.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

i find it odd that you standby is almost the same amount as the display with phone idle right below that. I have mine in auto brightness but even with the display dimmed, according to your usage, would have had a bigger impact on the battery usage. You didnt really use your phone as much as you think you did or are saying.

doomer4life

Reaction score
aefd60d5-6c28-03a8.jpg

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

Is your phone themed to say 4g? I just now noticed that

bkendrick

Reaction score
Lol...yeah. I just did that to screw with some co-workers. They caught on pretty quick though.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

bkendrick

Reaction score
8 hours of using my phone as a paper weight with stock and it would be dead.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Im enjoying my custom droidx. :) loving it! Z4root made it so easy!