New to ROM'ing

M

Mullensbb

So I got a bionic the release day and I still have a DX in great shape..minus the 4g haha. I have been using it as a test dummy..I took the OTA then flashed back to froyo for practice in case there comes a time to do it for my bionic. Well now im going to try a little more...I want to install a custom ROM and i have a couple questions...

I know there are ROM guides so this isnt about how to do it its more about some "understanding" I am looking for...Here goes nothing

When i choose a ROM to flash to such as Liquid, liberty, MUIU, CYANOGENMOD ect...is there a version to flash to from each version OS? Meaning if I am on froyo is there a certain "froyo" liquid i need to use or if I'm on GB is there a a "GB" version of Liquid?

Secondly I want to know which ROM's people recommend...I use my DX for browsing, wifi tethering (needs to work), and apps....its kind of like an Ipod touch right now...not activated but i use it as a mp3 with games and access to the net, market, and email through wifi.

* i need the ROM to work with wireless tethering just in case i have to go back to that phone in the even that my new one takes a dump..

thanks to all!
I look forward to your help, information and opinions!

leftspin

Reaction score
for most ROMs you only need to be on the right kernel version for it to flash properly (so if you want to flash a ROM that uses the .602 kernel you must be on rooted .602, if your ROM uses the .340 kernel then rooted .340). Then when you flash them from CWR, you will have to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache.

I would strongly recommend MIUI, it's definitely my favorite ROM I've ever used. Shuji/Apex and Liquid are also very nice

gregg0829

Reaction score
I would strongly recommend MIUI, it's definitely my favorite ROM I've ever used. Shuji/Apex and Liquid are also very nice[/QUOTE]

I agree with MIUI it was my favorite . I am on shuji and thinking about sbf back to 2 int roms for a while.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums