Want to try a ROM on my back up device Droid X

cebosound

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Bionic and I don't want to root or mod it all at this point. I want to give myself some time to make sure I will keep it and not return it for the Gnex.

So my other phone is a DX. I am a rookie at moding, rooting, roms, etc. But I would like to use my DX as a practicing device for rom'ing , etc. The Rom I think I want to try is "Liquid GB"

My DX is Currently rooted.

SOme of the phone info:
Android Version 2.2.1
System Version: 2..3.340.mmb810.verizon.en.US
Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

I have bootstrapper. Do i need bootstrapper DX2?

...........Any help you guys can lend would be great. Maybe I will make this a single thread for all of my testing/practicing on my DX.

Thank you. :)

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to get to the latest version of liquid(3.2) you'll want to sbf to 602... i have a good link to guide you in my signature...
and do you have droid x or droid 2 boot strap?
if you have droid x bootstrap... before you use it... you'll want to uncheck debugging..
and you don't want to use droid x2 bootstrap

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
to get to the latest version of liquid(3.2) you'll want to sbf to 602... i have a good link to guide you in my signature...
and do you have droid x or droid 2 boot strap?
if you have droid x bootstrap... before you use it... you'll want to uncheck debugging..
and you don't want to use droid x2 bootstrap
I have Droid X bootstrap (not X2 bootsrap) ... so it should work as long as i uncheck debuggin?

I checked out your links. browsed a bit, found this and This is kind of what I would like to get to: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/liquid/40325-rom-liquid-smooth-rom-3-2-multiple-devices.html
.. Hopefully its du-able.

I am not sure how to sbf to 602. from your common term link i realized sbg is Summation Briefcase File (?)

THanks again!

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Well, actually reading through that post, maybe I should look to Vortex instead of liquid. From the membors comments it sounds like vortex is more stable. ... Either way, all of it sounds like fun. I think I am on the brink of getting deep in the thick of things. lol :)

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Well, actually reading through that post, maybe I should look to Vortex instead of liquid. From the membors comments it sounds like vortex is more stable. ... Either way, all of it sounds like fun. I think I am on the brink of getting deep in the thick of things. lol :)

I have never tried vortex, have you flashed it yet? Is it good?

Devices:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have Droid X bootstrap (not X2 bootsrap) ... so it should work as long as i uncheck debuggin?

I checked out your links. browsed a bit, found this and This is kind of what I would like to get to: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/liquid/40325-rom-liquid-smooth-rom-3-2-multiple-devices.html
.. Hopefully its du-able.

I am not sure how to sbf to 602. from your common term link i realized sbg is Summation Briefcase File (?)

THanks again!

Correct... Just uncheck debugging and you'll be fine...
And there's two easy ways... One using rsd... And another Linux method...
The rsd method is nice and very effective...
The Linux method is nice and simple... No drivers or programs to install...
Liquid is nice... But does have some bugs... Vortex is a great rom... Blur based.. And very stable and great battery life

Post script: I believe it stands for system binary file/flash...lol...

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Correct... Just uncheck debugging and you'll be fine...
And there's two easy ways... One using rsd... And another Linux method...
The rsd method is nice and very effective...
The Linux method is nice and simple... No drivers or programs to install...
Liquid is nice... But does have some bugs... Vortex is a great rom... Blur based.. And very stable and great battery life

Post script: I believe it stands for system binary file/flash...lol...

Thanks for the info Nemo. You have pointed me in the right direction. I will continue to research the methods and report back here with findings/results. :)

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Nemo. You have pointed me in the right direction. I will continue to research the methods and report back here with findings/results. :)

your welcome...
Any other questions... Feel free to ask....

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
***Update***

I have Gingerbread.

android version 2.3.3
system version: 4.5.596mb810

next question: how do i get to different Roms within Gingerbread? I think I am supposed to get to 602 or 605... and it looks like i am on 596. What will i need to do to put me in position to try out roms like liquid and vortex?

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
This new Liberty Rom is working great. I am starting to see how this can be addicting. So much control over your device.... the way it should be. I found I was overcomplicating things a bit. ..... Now I want to get my "Active" phone, my Bionic rooted. lol ... but i am going to have some patience for that one (hopefully).

Thanks guys. :)

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Okay. so here's an update. ... I have been so happy with the New Liberty ROm on my DX, that I have decided to take it to the next level. This morning, I rooted my new Bionic and installed the new Liberty rom. This is a big step, because this means i plan on keeping the Bionic and not returning for the Razr or Nexus. ... The battery life was horrible before I rooted, now it seems to be noticably better. I should have a better idea of battery life over the next few days.

I am very happy with Liberty at the moment, no bloat, good speed, etc...