New to Nexus - Signal Issues

the.kevin.anderson

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just bought a Galaxy Nexus used off of Ebay after having a Droid X for the last two years. Already love the snappiness of Jelly Bean, faster processor and that beautiful screen. After I got the phone I took it to VZW to get a 4G sim card, they installed it and I left the store. I have noticed though that my 4G connection will not hold now at home, and drops into 3G often. I am noticing that this seems to be a problem in the Galaxy Nexus but I was looking for advice on what to do. I am totally up for rooting and unlocking the bootloder (after all it is MY phone :D).

What would you guys do? Thanks! Love DroidForums!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you live in a strong 4G area?

Would highly suggest, and if available, that you stick to using wifi at home to conserve battery life.

OP
T

the.kevin.anderson

Reaction score
I live in a strong 4G area - Gainesville, FL.

I don't mind having Wi-Fi on at home, especially if it will preserver battery life, but I do want to know whether the 4G is going to work properly or not. Any suggestions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As you are on Jelly Bean you should have the latest radios already. Is there any other 4g device in your immediate area you can compare to (a friend's, family member's, neighbor's)?

You could have a bad unit which may need replacing. Verizon should be happy to replace it for you if you do live in a strong 4g area.