New to Froyo, having a few issues. Plz Help

Phaze08

Reaction score
Ok so a buddy of mine came over to my house today and helped me root my Motorola Droid. He made a backup and copied it over to my phone then we installed clockwork and blueberry kangerade. Its a little hard to get used to but I think I'll like it. Thing is, no matter what I do, I can't get my home key to respond, besides the usual minor vibration-but no response onscreen. I also have the latest version of LauncherPro Beta, if that helps.
One other thing, ever since I put froyo on here, my lock screen seems to have vanished.
Any advice?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what my be the issue. I would do a wipe then reinstall. Currently, RM/CW seem to be have difficulty with many of the 2.2. Additionally, I would wait to see if the install is stable before adding LauncherPro beta.

Another option, flash a different rom. Lost of folks are having good success with BB, Team Chaos, and SS.

Mike

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Thing is, my friend has the same launcher and rom and his works perfectly. I might try that anyway, but its kinda alot of trouble lol.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand not wanting to go through the process and understand that your friend's Droid is working just fine. Remember not all roms run the same on every Droid. Often the chips just will not play nice.

Your call on next steps.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Yeah...I guess thats true lol. What's another 2.2 froyo you can recommend and another launcher?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running BB v0.1 with Chevy's ULV 7 slot kernel plus Team Chaos Black Ice theme. SO far, I've not had one FC and get 18+ MFLOPS consistently. Members who install Simply Stunning are getting good results. Team Chaos's roms are receiving good reviews also. Try all three and see how your phone reacts.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Downloading multiple versions now to test out lol. Still confounds me that works well on some phones and not on others lol..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea. It's like asking how the same thermos can keep one liquid hot and another liquid cold.