New tb owners!!!

Got the phone just yesterday... Whe I attach the phone thru USB to laptop for the 1st time, is it supposed to find its own drivers & install them?

Where does the HTC Sync software get installed from? I can't find it... but then again my computer (Vista) can't locate the proper drivers (on the phone) either.

Google "HTC sync" it will install the drivers. Once installed. You can just uninstall HTC sync if you desire.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Where do I get HTC Sync? Where is it located? Sorry to be such a nimnull, but is it on the phone accessible thru a window on windows or does it auto install when the phone is connected? My phone just sits there & windows says Device not installed.

Where do I get HTC Sync? Where is it located? Sorry to be such a nimnull, but is it on the phone accessible thru a window on windows or does it auto install when the phone is connected? My phone just sits there & windows says Device not installed.

Check out the OP (original poster) for http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt/133744-htc-sync-v-3-0-5511-tb-download.html

He was kind enough to give us a download site for it as it takes 4+ hours to download it from HTC.

There is actually sync software on your sd card. You just have to open it up. It tells you how in the manual. You can find it online.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Anyone know how to view call log during a phone call?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Got my TB yesterday! This is my first Android phone and I'm in heaven. Yeah, the battery drains A LOT quicker than I'm used to, but I'll be buying another one. Just waiting on Seidio...

Sense is amazing. MASSIVE upgrade compared to my last phone (BB Storm). Now it's time to get rid of the Blockbuster app!

question about voice and data usage... on the htcsense website they say that when using navigation a call bar will slide across the bottom of the screen so you don't lose what you're doing. when i tried this the incoming call took over my entire screen and i had to get back to the navigation the same way i got into the app. is there a way to change the settings so the call comes through as a sliding bar or will it always be a full screen thing?

It gets better on battery, at least mime has. Ive been unplugged since 7am and on WiFi with lots of surfing here ing with some calls and sms. 1pm or so here an OS bat indicator still says 90%.

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android.

question about voice and data usage... on the htcsense website they say that when using navigation a call bar will slide across the bottom of the screen so you don't lose what you're doing. when i tried this the incoming call took over my entire screen and i had to get back to the navigation the same way i got into the app. is there a way to change the settings so the call comes through as a sliding bar or will it always be a full screen thing?

When you switch to call mode, at the top of the screen in the notification bar you should see a blue compass symbol. Pull down the notification window and just click the navigation slider and that will take you back to the NAv screen right where you left off.

So I got the thunderbolt on release day...haven't put it down since I got it. I do have a question. I came from a bb storm. I'm trying to figure out how to have a certain ringtone for a person for phone calls and txts. I have set a ringtone for a few contacts but it only will work when they call not when they txt. Not going to lie I use it as my caller id. Also if there is a way to change the other tones to something other than the presets.

Thanks in advance. Love this phone otherwise.

Check out the OP (original poster) for http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt/133744-htc-sync-v-3-0-5511-tb-download.html

He was kind enough to give us a download site for it as it takes 4+ hours to download it from HTC.

OK DL'd the Sync program from HTC, (Took about 1/2 Hr) & put the .exe onto a CD for my other computer... so you say:
First install the Sync software fully, THEN plug the phone in & let it look for the drivers which it will now find?

...Just checking. Not looking for any aggravation. BTW I'm coming from a LG V8300 flip type phone. Its claim to fame was that it had a camera! Now you see why all the aprehension. Its a BIG learning curve for a phone for me.

To report back from a weekend of fun.. Rooted my TB and this baby is def here to stay for me.. Had some second thoughts when I heard about the MOTO bootloader.. But then I got to thinking.. I really like HTC sense. Not for all people I know, but for me sense is the way. For Verizon this will be the HTC flagship till next year. No its not dual core, and yes the Bionic will be a beast and so will others coming in the next few months, but for what I want in a phone this is it. Dual core to me is not needed. Really the best thing about dual core will be the gaming. Well I have my xbox for this. Angry birds is the only game that I play all the time and well the TB looks awesome.. As far as MOTO maybe being unlocked.. That is great news for the Android community. I look forward to seeing what they will be able to do if they can OC the Bionic and see what can really be accomplished with dual core. Then when my TB is feeling down next year and HTC has had time to optimize its system as well as the devs get time to optimize apps and the such then I will jump ship to a dual core. For the sprint fans that might be getting the EVO 3D.. I wish you the best as well. Not here to trash talk other networks, but LTE with Verizon is an absolute beast and I would rather have my TB with proven tech then 3-D gimmicky tech on a slower network.. oh and unlimited 4G LTE.. Awesome
Hi WC,
I'm glad you're happy with the TB but I must disagree that it will be the VZ flagship until next year. If the Bionic lives up to it's hype it will be the flagship probably by June. Even the Apple haters must grudgingly admit that the iPhone 5 with a 4.3" Retina display, 4G, and talk and surf will be fantastic. I'm month to month and it's very difficult to wait for another three months but I'm going to try. BTW, when you say that the TB "looks awesome" were you referring to the display or the overall appearance. When I held it at BB and VZ it appeared to be just another phone. Nothing distinctive. But opinions are subjective that's why they're opinions.:)

Got the phone just yesterday... Whe I attach the phone thru USB to laptop for the 1st time, is it supposed to find its own drivers & install them?

Where does the HTC Sync software get installed from? I can't find it... but then again my computer (Vista) can't locate the proper drivers (on the phone) either.
Barry, try turning the laptop Off, plug in the TB, then turn the laptop On.

Back