New tb owners!!!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
By extended battery do you mean the 2300+mah unit?
I'm not sure if it's the 1600mAh or 2750mAh, I only say "Extended Battery".
Thanks Geoff:)

The extended batteries invthe store are the 2700mah ones. Ugh I don't know what to do I bought one, yes it's huge, yes it's ugly but it's a much value than buying an extra standard 'battery. For 10$ more you get double the mah. That's like buying two standard batteries. So I'm pretty conflicted right now lol. I wish they made the extra batteries atleast 25$ then I would hav bought two of them lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
I'm loving the phone but my only complaint right now is that I took some pictures with it on saturday and now their gone!! :mad: :'(

Oh yeah and battery sucks lol

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
So I plugged it to the computer and the missing pictures popped up.... weird...

geoff5093

Reaction score
When you looked for the pictures on your phone, was the SD card not mounted? If you are plugged into the computer where you can transfer data to your phone, or you just turned on or unplugged your phone and tried to view your pictures, it's going to say there are none.

OP
wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Igor, Hunchback of HTC?:icon_ banana:
This is why I ordered the Seidio extended battery .. get more life and same size as stock.. Sure only 1600, but it will give more then stock and not look like it belongs in a bell tower..

Reaction score
the thunderbolt is awesome, i'm so happy i got it. i wish i lived in a 4g area so i could have access to fastboot all the time but since the phone is exactly what i wanted for months i can survive with 3g... i'm paying the same amount for data either way :)

hmm... question for those did more with their phones than games, texting, and instant messaging:

the phone can do voice and data over 4g... can it doe the same with 3g? i haven't tried that out yet and if i remember correctly the phone has the ability to do this

OP
wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To report back from a weekend of fun.. Rooted my TB and this baby is def here to stay for me.. Had some second thoughts when I heard about the MOTO bootloader.. But then I got to thinking.. I really like HTC sense. Not for all people I know, but for me sense is the way. For Verizon this will be the HTC flagship till next year. No its not dual core, and yes the Bionic will be a beast and so will others coming in the next few months, but for what I want in a phone this is it. Dual core to me is not needed. Really the best thing about dual core will be the gaming. Well I have my xbox for this. Angry birds is the only game that I play all the time and well the TB looks awesome.. As far as MOTO maybe being unlocked.. That is great news for the Android community. I look forward to seeing what they will be able to do if they can OC the Bionic and see what can really be accomplished with dual core. Then when my TB is feeling down next year and HTC has had time to optimize its system as well as the devs get time to optimize apps and the such then I will jump ship to a dual core. For the sprint fans that might be getting the EVO 3D.. I wish you the best as well. Not here to trash talk other networks, but LTE with Verizon is an absolute beast and I would rather have my TB with proven tech then 3-D gimmicky tech on a slower network.. oh and unlimited 4G LTE.. Awesome

OP
wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the thunderbolt is awesome, i'm so happy i got it. i wish i lived in a 4g area so i could have access to fastboot all the time but since the phone is exactly what i wanted for months i can survive with 3g... i'm paying the same amount for data either way :)

hmm... question for those did more with their phones than games, texting, and instant messaging:

the phone can do voice and data over 4g... can it doe the same with 3g? i haven't tried that out yet and if i remember correctly the phone has the ability to do this

Voice data on 3G works great.. :)

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
When you looked for the pictures on your phone, was the SD card not mounted? If you are plugged into the computer where you can transfer data to your phone, or you just turned on or unplugged your phone and tried to view your pictures, it's going to say there are none.

Well I took the pics this past Saturday and decided to see them yesterday and they weren't there. (Very sad and dissapointed at this point...) but other pictures I took were there. So this morning just being curious I plugged it to the computer to see the sd card and they were there! dancedroid Don't know why that happened?

Kack

Reaction score
Igor, Hunchback of HTC?:icon_ banana:
This is why I ordered the Seidio extended battery .. get more life and same size as stock.. Sure only 1600, but it will give more then stock and not look like it belongs in a bell tower..

this will be worth it if you get 2-3 hours more life. keep us updated on how it performs. it owuld be nice to have a 1900mah that fits with stock battery door.

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Battery life is terrible, but I expected it. I'm going to wear out the micro usb port from having to plug it in 10x's per day :)

Kack

Reaction score
at what point do you plug in your charger? wehn the light comes on read or when the battery is at the half way point?

JohnAP2

Reaction score
at what point do you plug in your charger? wehn the light comes on read or when the battery is at the half way point?

Honestly, I plug it in every chance I get. Each time I get into my car or am near a computer. I'm near Chicago and am within 4g range most of the time, so mine drains quick; usually 4 hours and it's on fumes. I love the phone - coming from a D1 - as it's super stable and "snappy", but the battery leaves a LOT to be desired. I'm sure as time goes by we will have more options/fixes for this problem, so I'm not that put off by it -- yet.

iOSh8er

Reaction score
I am having reception issues. I live in a non 4G area but the bolt has a crappy signal on 3g. It goes from 3g to 1x in places my Droid would dream of. It's starting to piss me off. I really hope this is a issue they can fix OTA...
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Barry45RPM

Reaction score
Noob Question

Got the phone just yesterday... Whe I attach the phone thru USB to laptop for the 1st time, is it supposed to find its own drivers & install them?

Where does the HTC Sync software get installed from? I can't find it... but then again my computer (Vista) can't locate the proper drivers (on the phone) either.